Lights the bx 23

/ Lights the bx 23 #1  

DannyD

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 23
As a bday for my tractor, and that it is paid for very soon, I want to add some lights to the roll bar.

I understand computers, not ignition systems and electrical systems. Easy it the best for me. Anyone have a simple, easy to do, nothing fancy way of doing this. 2 lights, swivel heads, mounted inside the roll bar

thanks in advance guys and gals.

pics are appreciated

/ Lights the bx 23 #2  
I recall a bunch of older posts on BX lights Danny. I didn't go the route you and many others want so I'd do a search to find the old threads. I actually mounted a police-style spotlight with short handle to mine.
There's an existing 12v pigtail within the rats nest of wire that sits on top of the rearend (under the seat). The wire is folded over and tapped to a loom. If needed, I can get you a pic when I get home.
Don't know if you know, but Kubota makes a work light kit that just plugs in. Don't know the cost but maybe one of the TBN dealers has it listed on their website. Sorry that not much help.

/ Lights the bx 23 #3  
On my BX1500 as stated there is a switch hot wire under your seat. I wasn't sure what it was rated for current wise so I ran my own wire in the same wire loom and fused it. That way I can use them as work lights with the machine off for short times. Seems like I always run out of daylight before the project is completed.

/ Lights the bx 23 #4  
DannyD said:
As a bday for my tractor, and that it is paid for very soon, I want to add some lights to the roll bar.

I understand computers, not ignition systems and electrical systems. Easy it the best for me. Anyone have a simple, easy to do, nothing fancy way of doing this. 2 lights, swivel heads, mounted inside the roll bar

pics are appreciated
I'd attach a light bar to the back edge of the roll bar and bolt the 2 lights to it.

/ Lights the bx 23 #5  
Westro said:
On my BX1500 as stated there is a switch hot wire under your seat. I wasn't sure what it was rated for current wise so I ran my own wire in the same wire loom and fused it. That way I can use them as work lights with the machine off for short times. Seems like I always run out of daylight before the project is completed.

Any pic's?

/ Lights the bx 23 #6  
danny get someone to buy a nice birthday present for you kubota part #3A011-75903 its a factory work light i have 3 of them on my bx 24 2 forward and 1 facing rear they are super bright and plug right into the factory wiring thats already there under the seat.they cost about 70 -80.00 you probably could get away with 2 because the can swivel around ...you wont be dissapointed

/ Lights the bx 23 #7  
DannyD said:

pics are appreciated
Lights on Rops
Here are some thoughts I've been kicking around concerning lights on rops.
1. Use two lights rather than 4 lights. Mount them on a light bar that will swivel the lights up and down. I install the lights
on the bar in a manner that will permit the lights to be rotated 360 degrees. The 360 degrees allows you to have light to the rear and front or both to the front or both to the rear.
Use magnets to mount the brackets for the light bar to the top rear edge of the rops instead of on top of the rops or under the top of the rops. Next bolt the ends of the light bar to the brackets with one bolt through each bracket into the bar.
Tighten the bolts just enough to hold the bar in place but loose enough to move it by hand. The swiveling light bar allows:
(A) Allows adjustment of the distance the lights shine out from the tractor.
(B) Gives more clearance above the lights and more head room under them.
(C) Lessens the chance of catching the lights on something overhead.
(D) Allows the lights to flip down if hit rather than breaking them.
(E) You can just flip the lights down to work under low hanging branches instead of having to remove them from the rops. However you still have the option of removing the bar and lights and unplugging the trailer connector.
*Advantages of the 360 degree rotation *
(A) Permits two lights instead of requiring 4 lights, thus reducing current flow.
(B) Lights can be turned both to front or both to rear. Or they can be turned one to front and one to rear. They can also be used for side lighting. Swiveling lights can provide illumination 360 degrees around the tractor.

Adjustment from one position to another is instant by hand. No wrenches or tools required.
A low profile light preferred over high profile lights.
This system is quick to attach or detach and is easy to transfer from one tractor to another.

I've been using this system of combining a rotating light bar with swivel mounted lights to install fog and driving lights on my pickups successfully for years.

More thoughts on lights.
Use a dual direction light with a clear lens on both sides that will cast light to the front and rear at the same time.

Thinking about experimenting with a hanging swing light magnetically attached to the cross member of the FEL to illuminate the bucket shadow when using the head lights.

L.B.