Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #1  

smgriffin

Tractor
Kubota M125X, JD 5425
I have a Kubota M125X with a LA1601 quick attach loader. Within a 6 month period I have twisted the front end loader mounting plate twice. The first time I was using a Kubota bucket and pushing dirt/limbs. The second time I had a set of pallet forks on the loader. It appears that the front end loader release handles are working their way loose and one side of the bucket comes out of the loader. When this happens, the other side that is still in the bucket will twist the mounting plate. The first time Kubota replaced the mounting plate. The loader is now out of warranty and I am waiting to see what Kubota will do. Has anyone else had this problem? On a previous tractor, we had a Bush loader and it never came off. When I put on the bucket or pallet, I always make sure the handles are all the way down and the bottom pins are in the bucket or pallet holes. This is my first experience with a quick attach loader and so far it has not been good. It is a bad feeling to be using a loader and having to worry about the bucket coming off.

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #2  
I have adjustments on mine, when I flip the lever down it gets firm a little and thats where the tension springs take over and I have a push it down easy and a compress spring mode, the springs have to be compressed to stay locked in, I hope that was a help to you.
Jim:)

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems
Thanks for your response Jim! The tension on the release handles on the Kubota are about the same regardless of the position of the handles. You would think that as the handles move to the down or locked position that the springs would pull the handles down. I wish there was a pin that could be inserted so the handles would not come up until the pin was removed. When the plate twisted the first time, some one said there was a "fix kit" available. I ask the dealer about this and he said it was already installed. Once the loader was fixed by the dealer, I could not tell any difference. I am now thinking about putting some tie downs on the handles to keep them in place. Just think a $6500 loader with a $10 tie down. I emailed Kubota 3 days ago and still have not got a response.

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #4  
On mine, I can add more washers to make it tighter and I also have an adjustment nut for correct tension, you may be able to do something similar
Jim:)

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #5  
My grapple came off one side once - luckily I noticed it right away and stopped. Since then I've cranked on the adjustment nuts and the latch-handles are much harder to move.

-Brian

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #6  
Interesting, on my QA the levers are cammed over and for them to work loose/up there would have to be something to pull up on the levers.
Yours may not be adjusted right or something is bent preventing full engagment.
Will the levers cam over with nothing on the QA plate?
Do they move freely?
Are the pins still in one piece?
Do they fully engage?
Does the QA plate even fit correctly?
Have you looked at other QA setups to see if there is any difference?

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #7  
smgriffin said:
I have a Kubota M125X with a LA1601 quick attach loader. Within a 6 month period I have twisted the front end loader mounting plate twice. The first time I was using a Kubota bucket and pushing dirt/limbs. The second time I had a set of pallet forks on the loader. It appears that the front end loader release handles are working their way loose and one side of the bucket comes out of the loader. When this happens, the other side that is still in the bucket will twist the mounting plate. The first time Kubota replaced the mounting plate. The loader is now out of warranty and I am waiting to see what Kubota will do. Has anyone else had this problem? On a previous tractor, we had a Bush loader and it never came off. When I put on the bucket or pallet, I always make sure the handles are all the way down and the bottom pins are in the bucket or pallet holes. This is my first experience with a quick attach loader and so far it has not been good. It is a bad feeling to be using a loader and having to worry about the bucket coming off.

There is a reto-fit kit that will stop that. It consist of a sleeve that fits over the wedge pin and inside the spring on the quick connect. Kubota furnished my free of charge and I put them on. My bucket use to come off when back dragging but nor any more.

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #8  
Your quick attach pins need adjusted or shimmed.
If the pins are adjusted properly you will NOT loose the bucket reguardless how hard you use it..

Last edited:
   / Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems
Thanks for the replys. I am going to ask the dealer about the "fix kit" again. Does anyone have a picture of the "fix kit"? I am surprised that no else has bent their quick attach plate. I am sure though push that plate around with a 125hp tractor does not help. I like the tractor but have been disappointed with the loader. Also, has anyone else ever emailed Kubota through their website and got a response?

/ Kubota Quick Attach Loader Problems #10  
I know what you mean. I had my left side handle come up when I was digging brush and stumps. I didn't notice in time and I twisted the QA.

To repair, I cut the knuckle off completely and welded all new steel.

Be careful though, you need to allign the 2 knuckles precisely.

Unfortunately I had so much torque on the bucket, I twisted the right boom slightly too. Not enough to cause it inoperable, but its not perfect anymore.