Question about 3pt quick-hitch

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #1  

Stef

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330
I'm looking for a quick-hitch and after a search on TBN I believe there are two possible options: Pat's or a Quick-Hitch.

I must say that I'd like to go for a QH but before doing any move I'd like to hear your opinions about that. Is that right that from time to time the dimensions are not standard and the hitch cannot be used as easily as it should be (width or height isn't correct, the hitch isn't prefectly square, etc.)?

Harbor Freight 3-point Quick Hitch (item 93691-2VGA) 69.99$
Farm Pro Quick Hitch 64.99$

This must be an effective hooking system, even JD sell their own QH (iMatch). Why Kubota couldn't do the same?

Thanks again guys for your opinions

Attachments

• Harbor Freight 3pt Quick Hitch.gif
    Harbor Freight 3pt Quick Hitch.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,153
  • Farm Pro 3pt Quick Hitch.jpg
    Farm Pro 3pt Quick Hitch.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • John Deere iMatch Quick Hitch.jpg
    John Deere iMatch Quick Hitch.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,228
   / Question about 3pt quick-hitch #2  
There have been some talk before about hitches. if you do a search you'll find more Links. I know there was problems with the harbor freight ones, last year, but seems like they may have fixed the problems.
One trouble was the top hook wouldn't work for people, HF has an adapter avail for it , around 15 dollars. so if you do buy a HF unit you might get that also. as later on the shipping will be almost the cost of the adapter.
The Hf are lighter, but I haven't seen any complaints of it being bad over all. other than the top link situation and the lower spacing for the arms. I think in the links you'll find the measurements for width between the lower pins.
Good luck....
Some have also like the pats over the QH .

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ore.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ick.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ght.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ght.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...bor.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...tch.html?highlight=harbor+freight+quick+hitch

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...estion-about-3pt-quick-hitch.html#post1067987

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #3  
Stef,
I bought the Harbor Freight model, but if I had it to do again, I would go with Pat's. The HF type is not adjustable for width, so if you have an implement that is not standard 3-point, it won't work. I didn't like the top link set up on the HF model, as Bedlam was saying, and mine was sent by FedEX and it got dropped on it's corner and bent it in so it won't fit anything until I take a jack and spread it out like it should be.
My advice would be to go with Pat's because it is the handiest, since it is adjustable. I would get the spreader device also. It is probably a little more expensive, but I think you will be more satisfied with it in the long run. I will probably buy one this spring and use the HF one to make something else.
Hope this helps. Oh yes, you sure have a beautiful dog!
Huey

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #4  
I picked up a QH from TSC, looks very much like the Speco hitch. This is something I wish I had done years ago. I got the bushings for all my implements, and it works quite well on all of them, even my rotary mower. :cool:

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #5  
Hi I bought the HF quick hitch this summer and if you use regular cat 1 implements it works fine (wood 5' rear blade Kkutter mid buster carryall) but not so fine on the sub cat 1 spacing (still need to bend arms on KK x box blade out 2" even with longer pins,thought I was buying stand cat 1 spacing from TSC) did have to take portapower with wedge to widen out where 2 pt balls go in 5 minute cure. get the extra arm thingy at time of order like said.

Worth the $70 in less back pain/cussing. That being said have seen copycat 2 piece hookups on e-bay from 3-4 makers(?) starting at $57 buyit now that swing in and out but need to adjust top link tilt.

Plus in any of them it gets implment 6"-1' higher in height for ground clearance/turning

the other Pat pays part of the freight for this site IIRC

Pat R

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch
I hope HF really got the issue fixed (hitch ball slot's width). Not that I couldn't fix it myself. Ah... chinese quality. That's the big difference between a 200$ JD iMatch hitch and a 69$ Quick-Hitch. Anyways I sent an email to them (HF not the chinese) about that issue and I'll see what they have to say.

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #7  
Stef, I can't comment on the QH but I have Pat's and am very satisfied with it. I got it for my old B7500 and when I got my new B2630 I contemplated a QH but decided to try Pat's. I was concerned about how Pat's would fit on the ratchet ends of the lower arms (which you also have on your B3030). It fit fine except you can't install the u-bolts because they cover up the ratchet. It doesn't seem to be a problem and I read on a Pat's installation thread that several others had done the same thing.

With the Pat's you have both the adjustable lower arms and the ratchet ends if you need them. Of the five implements I have, only two were alike but two were adjustable (Kubota tiller and 3 point pallet forks) so now I have all but one implement the same and the Pat's with the ratchet make hooking up anything easy. Hope this helps your decision. Good Luck.

Augustus

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch #8  
Stef said:
I hope HF really got the issue fixed (hitch ball slot's width). Not that I couldn't fix it myself. Ah... chinese quality. That's the big difference between a 200$ JD iMatch hitch and a 69$ Quick-Hitch. Anyways I sent an email to them (HF not the chinese) about that issue and I'll see what they have to say.
I got a HF quick hitch about 2 months ago. The bottom hooks were about 1.5" too narrow compared to specs and my old Spee Co quick hitch. Wasn't worth sending back. Used hydraulic jack and 4x4 to spread them. It did say manufacture date was in 2005, maybe one of the earlier versions?

/ Question about 3pt quick-hitch
Stef said:
I received an answer today from HF tech support, here it is exactly as it came in: Nothing has changed on that issue.

Wow :eek: , I'm not sure I want to order that hitch anymore. 8 months later and nothing's changed. I'm impressed.