F2400 rar'n to go

/ F2400 rar'n to go #1  

hwp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F2400
F2400 rar\'n to go

Attached is a photo of my F2400 in winter dress. We don't have any snow yet here in Southern Ontario so it isn't getting any work, which is fine. I picked up the Buyers SUV salt spreader last week but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It replaces a tow-behind feertlizer spreader that I pulled with my ATV. Now I can do everything with one machine, and it has a heated cab.

/ F2400 rar'n to go
Re: F2400 rar\'n to go

I'll try again to attach the photo

Attachments

• 2-101645-kubota1.jpg
    2-101645-kubota1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,072
   / F2400 rar'n to go #3  

Thats one /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif setup you got there.
Do you think you might need tire chains when it becomes icy w/those truff tires?
I bet you can spin that beauty on a dime,also get in some tight areas where a plow couldn't. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif
I read last night in your area black bears are becoming a problem,I thought the problem was spring hunting of black bears,and at one point they thought of closing spring black bear hunting.

Hang in there snow on they way. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ F2400 rar'n to go #4  

Did you also purchase the mower deck and the grass catcher,for I was wondering the cost on this complete set.

/ F2400 rar'n to go #5  

HWP-I didn't know the F2400 had any accessories except for the front mounted mower deck. We're always talking compact tractors and it's nice when we see something different that kubota or anyone else has. Hope you get to use it soon. You could always go out and groom snowmobile trails!

/ F2400 rar'n to go

The unit has 4 wheel drive so tire chains are not required - at least I didn't need them last year when we had a lot of snow. I have a 60" mower deck, but no grass catcher, and a 50" dozer blade. I have thought about getting a rotary sweeper, only because they are available, but I don't really have much use for one.

Attachments

• 2-101757-Kubota2.jpg
    2-101757-Kubota2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 751
   / F2400 rar'n to go #7  

Notice the extra rear weight,would that be for the snowblower also the mower deck,for our lawn crew at the college use both Kubota and John Deere w/out rear weights,also the noise level in the cab..notice any real differents?
The blue light /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif your not chasing speeders are you /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif for we can't use flashing blue lights here w/out a permit on the road.

Great setup you have.

/ F2400 rar'n to go

The rear weights are to counterbalance the snowblower. It is quite heavy and sits out a bit from the front of the tractor. If I lift the snowblower too quickly, the tractor will rock forward a bit. A hopper full of salt will help that. I don't use the counterweights with the mower deck.

The blue light is left over from its previous owner, a small town about 100 miles away. I got the machine the way they traded it c/w cab, mower deck, snowblower, dozer blade and blue light. I thought about taking the blue light off but then decided to leave it on as a bit of a lark. We live at the end of a very quite street. The only time the tractor gets on the street is when I am clearing the ends of the driveway or I cross the street to clear a neighbour's driveway.

The cab is insulated so the noise level is quite low. The engine behind the operator deck also helps with the noise. I take the cab off in the summer - it is quite easy to take off and put on. I just chain a pulley to the limb of a large tree and use the winch on my ATV to lift the cab.

/ F2400 rar'n to go

You were asking about the cost. I paid the equivalent of about $US6000. That seemed to be the going price around here after dickering. The machine had seen a lot of use and needed a fair bit of TLC, but nothing major. The tach showed about 4400 hours but it was broken so who knows how many hours are on it. It starts and runs great so I don't care. The dealer put a new tach on before I bought it. I rebuilt the cab last year and then did the rest of the sheet metal work this past summer.

/ F2400 rar'n to go #10  

that looks like a nice comfy rig. too bad u don't have the snow to try it out on. now u could just come to buffalo ny(not to far) and give that thing a real work out.