Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve?

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #1  

tomf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400 HST
Does anyone have any ideas on whether or not it is wise to plumb another valve to a FEL valve?

I'm planning on attaching a snow blade to my FEL. I need another valve to angle the blade. I was thinking the easiest thing to do would be just to add another valve downstream via the FEL power beyond port. Is this wise?

I currently have a B2400HSD with the LA352 FEL. The FEL valve is a Hasco International 9210-B2C.

Can anyone tell me how to determine if a valve is open circuit or closed circuit? When I bought the blade it came with a Danfloss Fluid Power 1618AL valve. I could not find any info on their web site. I'm trying to figure out if I can use it with my B2400.

Thanks for any input. Tom

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #2  
You have an open center system. You can easily add another valve downstream from the FEL valve. I have posted dozens of time on how to make the connections. It's no different that adding an aux valve for rear remotes.

Since you flow is less than 5 gpm, your best bet for a valve would be one of the Eaton-Cessna valves with power beyond that you can get from Surplus Center. However, you should be able to determine what you got with that Danfoss valve by simply looking at it. In the past I have found Danfoss info on the web. A few pics might help detemining what you got if you can't find any documentation online.

Take a look HERE. I found this in about 1 minute. The website is under sauer-danfoss. Your valve is there on page 27. You will need the PB sleeve for it to work correctly but it will work without it, you just will not be able to use the 3pt simultaneously.

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve?
Here's some pictures of the Danfoss 1618AL valve.

Attachments

• DSC_0096.JPG
    DSC_0096.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 358
   / Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #4  
Let's see if I got it right from the pictures. You have 5 hose connections. 2 go to the cylinder, one is the power beyond, one is the outlet to the tank, and one is the inlet from the pump or another PB source. If that's the case you are all set to go.

Also If I am reading the manual correctly, that valve has a float detent in one direction and a detent in the other direction too. You should verify that.

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #5  
Mad,

Would a power beyond valve be necessary on a BX23? I would not be able to operate more that one valve at a time, that includes the TPH valve, due to having all of the valves on one side of the tractor. My thought was to route the backhoe QDs to the TnT valve (open center) when the BH was off. Would that work??

ron

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #6  
If one of the backhoe ports dumps directly to tank then it would work but you would have no 3pt. It all depends on how it's currently plumbed.

I always recommend a valve with power beyond. It is so much easier and gives you the full use of any downstream valves. For the extra $15 and an additional hose it's well worth the investment.

Hey Madreferee,

Thanks for all your input. I've read with interest some of your other posts, especially the ones on plumbing a valve on a Kubota rear remote and the one concerning power steering loss after about an hour. I have that power steering problem on my B2400 and have had it for years.

Two final questions. Should I flush the valve and the accompanying cylinder? How do I do it?

Thanks again

/ Plumb another hydraulic valve to FEL valve? #8  
tomf said:
Hey Madreferee,

Thanks for all your input. I've read with interest some of your other posts, especially the ones on plumbing a valve on a Kubota rear remote and the one concerning power steering loss after about an hour. I have that power steering problem on my B2400 and have had it for years.

Two final questions. Should I flush the valve and the accompanying cylinder? How do I do it?

Thanks again
You can flush the cylinder by simply compressing the cylinder. You will never get al the fluid out. You can also connect one end to a remote and activate it in the proper direction to force out any fluid from the other end into a bucket. Then switch ends and do it again. I wouldn't worry about the valve.

Thanks