5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!!

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #1  

Taiser

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with Loader and Backhoe, Cub Cadet 2160
Hi guys...

Today I was out pushing some snow around and after about 20 minutes I could no longer get any down pressure on the front loader!!!! The thing just turned 5 hours and all snow moving hours at that!!! WTH???

I checked all the lines, all the other positions work fine but the only way to lower the loader now is with the "float" position. Any ideas? I'll be popping into the dealer on Monday but thought maybe you guys could tell me if I'm missing anything stupid here.

Help!!!

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #2  
only thing i can say is check the fluid? stuck bypass valve? will it lift heavy stuff.

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #3  
When having a hydraulic problem, always check ALL of the hydraulic quick connectors. Many times, one will look connected and won't be seated.

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #4  
Two things to look at, one make sure you didn’t have any quick disconnects come loose UNDER the tractor. One time I had the same problem, and a branch had disconnected my hose connection under the right side of the tractor.

Another time I had a glitch was when my rear PTO was on, some this threw off the front end loader.

Something has come loose or a valve has unintentionally been bumped, on or off.

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!!
I'm going to crawl under there and check the hosing, but all I've done is move snow with the thing I doubt it got wacked by a branch! I'll reseat all the quick connects too. Yeah it has plenty of up power and curling the bucket will still lift the front wheels off so it's not a pump problem. I got a bad feeling about the valves but again hope it's not a big deal, last thing I want is a new machine going to the shop!

Update!!!

Spoke to the dealer and he said it's probably a stuck valve. Easy way to check is to disconnect the loader lines and reconnect them.

If that does not work then switch the lines around (i.e. put the bucket dump line on the lift line) and that will narrow it down to a tractor problem or a cylinder/valve problem. Seems to make sense.

If that don't work then he'll pick it up and check out what the problem is. Just FYI in case anyone has similar problems. Doesn't sound too serious by the looks of it. BTW it was -29C this morning without the wind! :eek: so I don't think I'll be working on it today! :(

I'll keep updating as I go!

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #7  
I am not far from you up in TBay. I have found the responsive of the loader on my B7800 has suffered in the extreme cold the past 10 days. Lifting heavy snow and down pressure isn't as good as it was when the temp is warmer. I have pushed at least 40" of snow the past 10 days and i have another 6" or so from yesterday afternoon to do today. It's -27C here right now and expected to be cold all this week so I am leaving the block heater plugged in 24/7

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #8  
Taiser, are you using Kubota's UDT hydraulic fluid? This supposedly is their premium fluid, however at -27 C I can see how things can be sluggish. Your into aircrafts, what type of hydraulic fluids do they use, for sure temps up there are as cold as your ambient as of lately.

Dennis Bialecki
Oxford, CT

It's got whatever the dealer put in there! :D

I keep it in an insulated (but only heated when I work in) garage. The garage is attached to the house so it rarely gets below zero in there, maybe -5 or so in bad weather like we have now so I can't see the temps affecting it that much.

Airplanes I worked on use a standard MIL spec mineral fluid in them (lots of older plane parts can't handle synthetic, it wrecks the rubber o-rings), but formulated to resist or work well in always changing temps. Not as expensive as most people think, usually about 20 - 25 bucks a gallon, I'm guessing Kubota "premium" stuff is about the same price :( !

I'm going to try fixing it tonight, I don't care anymore how cold it is, I gotta know!!! :)

/ 5 hours and already a glitch on my NEW B7800!!!! #10  
Do you have no pressure or will the loader not lower at all? Often times the three point hitch Lower/Raise lever will get stuck in the rearmost "raise" position and will disable the lowering function of the front end loader. Let us know!