Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2350DT

Default pic's of chain slots/bucket hooks

Thanks for all the kudos on the chain storage idea, feel free to copy it, that's why I shared it with all. I try to do improvements during the winter storage months when I bring the tractor back into the city. My first project was chain storage, then lift hooks. My bucket was pretty bent in the middle when I bought it, also out of shape and I don't have a welder. I bought the steel, hooks and slots from AW-Direct and had a shop weld it up; then bolted to the bucket, but using clamps and bolting really straightened it pretty good. The lip on the bucket was crushed inward, but I bent it out,but needs painted when spring comes. This was a combination of ideas from all the input of TBN supporters...It is a little overkill, but I figured more places to adjust for leveling loads when lifting...I just received my rear chains from tirechain.com, next project is moving my fender-brackets inward to increase clearance..I know that one's a sore subject.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with Loader and Backhoe, Cub Cadet 2160

Default Re: pic's of chain slots/bucket hooks

Hmmmm;

I was looking at a way to add hooks to my bucket and this looks pretty solid!!! Don't think I would have use for the slots though. Great job!

That's a good setup, what did the welding, hooks, etc. set you back? I'm same as you, no welding equipment so I have to shop around. Will the chain that you slip into the slots or hook rub on the top edge of the bucket and cause damage or will the chain links clear the lip when lifting something. Probably just need to watch the bucket curl so the chain rides free. Thanks for the pic, it makes it easier to show a welder what I want.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2350DT

steel bar 4"x57"x1/2"= $23.00 ( hot-rolled )
    hooks and slots from AW-direct..delivered=$32.00
    welding thru a friend was $40.00
    bolts,nuts & washers $12.00-$15.00
    can of kubota paint $10.00
    --about $120.00 ish for all & my time

you're right about the bucket curl, gotta pay attention to how and what you're lifting..but I knew that one, since the bonehead owner before me wrapped a chain around the middle of the bucket

Thanks for the parts list. What diameter bolts did you use? Were they just ordinary bolts or of a particular strength? I'll fabricate the same for my B7800. Also think your chain storage tube will be on my machine also.

...RAY

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L2350DT

Ray, Bolts are 1/2" by 1.5" long......standard washers on the bolt-head, but I used larger/fender washer on the inside

Tractor
    JD-2640

Just to be on the safe side, you may want to consider using at least Grade 5 bolts. They are harder and have more tensile strength than your standard run of the mill bolts. Mild steel bolts will shear off if subjected to enough force. Just my 2 cents.

Tractor
    BX2350

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster
    Thanks for all the kudos on the chain storage idea, feel free to copy it, that's why I shared it with all. I try to do improvements during the winter storage months when I bring the tractor back into the city. My first project was chain storage, then lift hooks. My bucket was pretty bent in the middle when I bought it, also out of shape and I don't have a welder. I bought the steel, hooks and slots from AW-Direct and had a shop weld it up; then bolted to the bucket, but using clamps and bolting really straightened it pretty good. The lip on the bucket was crushed inward, but I bent it out,but needs painted when spring comes. This was a combination of ideas from all the input of TBN supporters...It is a little overkill, but I figured more places to adjust for leveling loads when lifting...I just received my rear chains from tirechain.com, next project is moving my fender-brackets inward to increase clearance..I know that one's a sore subject.
    Great job..

Phil
    Don't be a general contractor when your raising your kids.

02' F250 SWB CC 4x4 Lariat 7.3/Auto For Sale!!
    2010 Ford Flex - Limited
    06' BX2350, FEL, 60"MMM
    03' Cougar 281 EFS Sold!!
    01' Yamaha 4x4 350 Wolverine Sold!!
    1970' Stang 351/Auto

Thanks for the recommendation on bolt Grades. For those of us tech challenged about which fastener grade to use, here is an address to an easy to fathom explanation and charts for shear and tension differences between SAE Grade 5 and 8 fasteners.

...RAY

ROCKCRAWLER.com - Grade 5 vs. Grade 8 Fasteners