B7510 Experience compared to BX

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #1  

pemad

Silver Member
Tractor
B7510 HST
I have had my B7510 for over a month and put 12 hours on it and figured it is so cold in NY (nothing to do) I would write up a quick post. Prior to the B7510 I had a BX2200 and there is a difference.

1) Compared side hilling between the 2 machines the 7510 feels much safer than the BX did with an attachment on the back. I know people on the board will say no way, but it is true. On the same bank the BX started tiping and 7510 didn't even think of tiping at the same angle.

2) As for HP they feel the same. Not much difference other than the 7510 runs a lot smoother as the RMP's do not need to run as hard to get the PTO HP up to 540.

3) The ground clearence is way better on the 7510. If you are in mud or going to use your tractor in the woods I would recomend the 7510 over the BX in this area. I use to get hung up and stuck all the time with my BX in the woods and with 7510 I can walk through the same area with out a problem.

4) As for filling the fuel tank the 7510 is a pain in the butt. Who thought of putting the fill tank in the middle of the hood. My arms fall off holding the 5 gallon tank. The BX is much easier to fill.

5) The seating area on the 7510 is smaller and I am always hitting the darn PTO lever which then grinds the gears. The BX seating area had a lot more room.

6) As for the Hydro foot pedal the 7510 is very smooth compared to the BX. The BX always stuck since new and was very jerky.

7) As for the implements the B7510 can reall lift them off the ground vs the BX. This is a major advantage for my use.

Well that is all I have at this point. I really like the 7510 so far.

Enjoy!

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #2  
Hi neighbor,
Glad you like your B7510. I don't have BX experience, but can say that your findings agree with mine on the B7610.

Refueling is a bit of a trial, and sometimes a mess.

My big butt keeps hitting the PTO lever when I get off and on and when I twist around to watch the rear blade. It's worse now that a snowmobile suit is needed while clearing snow. There's an empty slot on the plastic fender molding outboard of the slot the PTO lever rides in. Can't understand why they didn't put the lever out there. Would've given another inch or so of clearance.

I'd like to have a little more 3pt. hitch lift, but what's there gets the job done.

I've been very surprised at how well weighted turf tires (without chains) have done so far in the snow.

Yeah, I sure like mine. Some of the best money I've ever spent.
Bob

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX
Bob

I guess I am not alone on the fuel fill location and the seating area. I do wish I went with the 7610 but I had a budget and $2000 more would not fit in my budget for the 3HP. I am sure the couple more HP makes a difference but I am really happy with this tractor.

Enjoy your seat time!

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #4  
I bought a B7610 about 2 1/2 yrs. ago.I really like it and would rec. one to anybody that is looking for a machine of that size.You guys are right about the filler location,not great ,but at least its centered.LOL.I was going to go with the 7510 but i wanted the bigger 352 loader.
There are a couple of things i think they could have improved on,besides the ones that have been mentioned.
1-the fold down ROPS bar has alot of forward and backward play in it.
As soon as i get a chance i'm gonna tap the top hole in the front of the hinge and run a bolt in there,with a locknut to take the play out.I'm sure somebodys already done this mod.
2-the steering column shaft seems to have alot of for and aft,side to side give to it.Feels kind of chinsy.Maybe theres a reason for it but i dont see it.
3-When you grab ahold of the handles on the rear fenders while getting on or off,they seem to "give" alot.I think the factory should have braced it
a tad bit more.Another project when the weather breaks.
Overall though,i think it is a great little machine for the money.
Like i always say,if you look hard enough you can find somthin wrong with anything.But i am glad i bought it.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #5  
pemad said:
I have had my B7510 for over a month and put 12 hours on it and figured it is so cold in NY (nothing to do) I would write up a quick post. Prior to the B7510 I had a BX2200 and there is a difference.

1) Compared side hilling between the 2 machines the 7510 feels much safer than the BX did with an attachment on the back. I know people on the board will say no way, but it is true. On the same bank the BX started tiping and 7510 didn't even think of tiping at the same angle.

2) As for HP they feel the same. Not much difference other than the 7510 runs a lot smoother as the RMP's do not need to run as hard to get the PTO HP up to 540.

3) The ground clearence is way better on the 7510. If you are in mud or going to use your tractor in the woods I would recomend the 7510 over the BX in this area. I use to get hung up and stuck all the time with my BX in the woods and with 7510 I can walk through the same area with out a problem.

4) As for filling the fuel tank the 7510 is a pain in the butt. Who thought of putting the fill tank in the middle of the hood. My arms fall off holding the 5 gallon tank. The BX is much easier to fill.

5) The seating area on the 7510 is smaller and I am always hitting the darn PTO lever which then grinds the gears. The BX seating area had a lot more room.

6) As for the Hydro foot pedal the 7510 is very smooth compared to the BX. The BX always stuck since new and was very jerky.

7) As for the implements the B7510 can reall lift them off the ground vs the BX. This is a major advantage for my use.

Well that is all I have at this point. I really like the 7510 so far.

Enjoy!

I went through the same thing you did.about 2-1/2 years ago.
Had a BX and sold it before I puschased a B7500 which is about the same as the B7510.
I never looked back or wished that I had the BX back. What you described about more ground clearance is what I needed. I can't count how many times I got the BX stuck. I never got the B7500 suck yet. Attachments work better with the B7500. Oh, wait untill you break it in. You will notice a little differance in power. By the way, it felt stronger then the BX from the very first day. That comes from the engine with more displacement. (Lots more torque)

Look up the other things that I wrote about my experiance with both.
I believe you can find it under users other posts. There is a lot there to enjoy reading.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #6  
I have a 7510 and like it. I think it's geared up too high though because when I'm pushing a load of snow it bogs down some. I wish they had a a gear between high and low range too. My neighbor has a bx 23 and his does not seem to bog down and I think it's because the tires are so much smaller. May be my imagination, I don't know for sure. My tractor just doesn't get stuck though, no matter what.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX
ihookem,

I noticed the bog but thought it was just me pushing the machine too hard in the snow. It sounds like it is a little weaker than the BX when it comes to pushing snow. This spring I will give the 7510 a work out moving dirt and see if this still happens. I agree that the 7510 is tough to get stuck as my BX could not compare to where this machine can go.

Enjoy!

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #8  
I have had my 7610 about a month now and Im dying for a chance to get it out of the garage. I have been pushing some snow with it and I have noticed that when lifting wet and heavy snow the rear end is light. I plan on getting some weigh back there soon. I also noticed that the fenders move alot when climbing aboard, but was told that they are rubber mounted and that is why they are flexing. The sloppy ROPS will drive anyone nuts, not sure how I will correct this. Overall I like the mechine, but I need lots more time behind the wheel. I have added two diamond plate boxes one one each side of the lower loader frame supports for chains and tools. I have to say Im addicted to diamond plate.

duce50

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #9  
Pemad and hookem,
Are you guys pushing snow in high range? I almost always use Low and always lose traction before the engine bogs. The 7610 hasn't bogged on me once in either dirt or snow, which has sort of surprised me. Maybe my turf tires limit the load that can be put on the engine/drivetrain. Are your tires turfs or bar tires?

I have been 'stuck' several times...if stuck means all tires spinning. I push snow over a couple of banks and, if the tractor gets too far over the bank, it'll sit there in snow up to the axles and spin. Of course, a push from the bucket and I'm on my way again.

duce, if you haven't already loaded the rears with fluid, give it some thought. It really helps stability & traction and the rear almost never gets light.

/ B7510 Experience compared to BX #10  
The BX should be named BY for Back yard. It is a good homeower tractor.

The 7510 & 7610 are modern version of my trusty B7200.

I like them more than the B7800 as the width is 48".

Howerver when the time comes to turn my B7200 into a staionary PTO unit, my next machine could be a TYM 273.

I like the weight of the machine and it's capacities are higher for the same size Tractor.