B7800 Kubota

/ B7800 Kubota #1  

akjohnston

Does anyone have any comments on the 1/4 inch valve that comes with the B7800?
I seem to have problems at least lowering atachments back to the same depth. I sure wish that it had stops. I have thought about perhaps making a jig to always go back to the position. suggestions

/ B7800 Kubota #2  
I did see something somebody made. I forget what forum probably customize. They mounted a rod on the lower 3 point rod and it came up to there Rops were they put a ruler. so they were able to set in the same place all the time. I would use a chain from the upper 3 point mount to your implement so that when you lower it and it comes to the length of the chain and stops were you set it. I will look for that post for you

/ B7800 Kubota #3  
I was going to tell you the same thing Timber just said. I believe that postind with the rod was in the Kubota Operating forum. As far as the chains go, they are called limiter chains. They hook up by your top link and into a bracket that goes on the piece of equipment being used. Once you set the length the piece of equipment can only go down to that point, but can be raised as normal. These chains are commenly used to prevent heavy equipment from putting a lot of stress on the hydro system, but would work well for returning to the same depth each time also.

/ B7800 Kubota #4  
I made something for my B7800 that utilized a tape measure mounted on the ROPS and it extended/retracted as the 3pt went up and down.I posted some pictures and sketches on the "Kubota owning and operating " forum under the title "B7800 3pt hitch position indicator". I just checked and right now it's hanging out around page 15 on that forum. Sorry I don't know how to make a link directly to the thread. I think it's pretty well explained there but if you're interested and you have any questions just post them in that thread and I'll tell you what I can.

/ B7800 Kubota #7  
Yup It worked just fine, That was the thread I was remembering. It stuck in my mind because it was so brilliant and simple that it made you feel stupid not thinking of it yourself. You could Paton that too

/ B7800 Kubota #8  
I'm a little bit puzzled because I thought this thread started out yesterday in the "general forums owning and operating " and now it's in the "Kubota forums owning and operating " .Does the moderator sometimes switch the forum if it seems like it's in the wrong one? If so , how does the person who started the thread know where to look for their replies? Just wondering.

/ B7800 Kubota #9  
Fjord said:
I'm a little bit puzzled because I thought this thread started out yesterday in the "general forums owning and operating " and now it's in the "Kubota forums owning and operating " .Does the moderator sometimes switch the forum if it seems like it's in the wrong one? If so , how does the person who started the thread know where to look for their replies? Just wondering.

Yes... sometimes a moderator will move the question. It used to keep the title of the message on the original forum it was posted in and say that it was moved to "so and so" forum... but I'm not sure it still does that.