Another Kubota Mystery gizmo ..

/ Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #1  

DAP

Veteran Member
From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
For those with B Series Kubota Loaders, (mine is LA402) ... at the top of the loader pillars, where the cross bar is bolted (not on Bxx30 series obviously), there is on each side a small hollow metal tube welded to the top of the loader pillar.

Any ideas what this is for? Do we need a pic? I have no idea what this is. Se the attached drawing ..

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 722
   / Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #2  
The tubes are for holding the mounting pins and clips when you have the FEL removed from the tractor so you will not misplace them.

/ Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #3  
Ditto to what bialecki said. The only problem I had with mine was there was some slag left (from welding it on) that obstucted my pin from going in. A small chisel took care of the problem.

/ Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #4  
On the Grand L series of loaders there is a flat metal tab with a hole in it on the inside of the loader arms for that purpose. The salesman at the first Kubota dealership that I shopped at for my L3130 could not answer that same question when I asked. That dealership had been my first choice until that lack in the salesman's knowledge and following unresponsiveness to phone calls and e-mail.

His Loss.

Vernon

/ Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #5  
There's a pic. If it's what you're talking about the other TBNers are right, it's the FEL pin holders. Pretty handy no doubt about that.

Attachments

• FEL pin holder.jpg
    FEL pin holder.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 403
   / Another Kubota Mystery gizmo ..
Stef said:
There's a pic. If it's what you're talking about the other TBNers are right, it's the FEL pin holders. Pretty handy no doubt about that.

Actually, no .. is that from your BX ??? or the LA403? It is different on the LA402 but I think the other posters got it right. Actually, I've now put 107 hours on the machine and am going to do the 100 hour today. I will take the loader off for the very first time to clean up the grease zirks and regrease.

It looks to me like that the loader pins might just fit.

/ Another Kubota Mystery gizmo .. #7  
DAP said:
Actually, no .. is that from your BX ??? or the LA403? It is different on the LA402 but I think the other posters got it right.
I forgot to say that it's coming from a LA403. It's different from a LA402 but as I understand it, it does the same fonction.