BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!!

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #1  

madmoe

I just got a BX24 delivered and they added 3/16" metal braces right under the area that had the cracking issue. If this doesnt fix it, nothing will.

madmoe

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #2  
madmoe said:
I just got a BX24 delivered and they added 3/16" metal braces right under the area that had the cracking issue. If this doesnt fix it, nothing will.

madmoe

I just the box of parts for mine yesterday and will be installing them soon.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #3  
Now THAT is how you fix something. I was worried with this little "make the ribs a little fatter" thing I saw a couple months ago.

What a pain this has been for those affected. I wonder how many sales they lost to folks doing some research and learning of this obvious defect before purchasing? Bummer. Exceptional tractor marred by some bean-counter's pencil sharpening.

Very glad to see a meaningful fix to see this thing put to bed.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #5  
Box of parts - is this a recall now - or an "call your dealer and ask for parts"?

I want it - cause - well - I don't have it...

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #6  
KeithInSpace said:
NI wonder how many sales they lost to folks doing some research and learning of this obvious defect before purchasing?

I'm going to guess none. Let's be realistic here...yes there was a problem, but big enough to keep someone from purchasing the entire tractor? I have a hard time with that. I knew about this and the other minor issues but still bought the tractor anyway. You don't let .02% of a problem take away from the other excellent 98% that is the tractor. Considering it was a redesign for the 24 you are bound to have minor issues.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #7  
I am glad that you guy's have a fix for the plastic fenders. With that fix the I feel the tractor should be more apealing for new buyers looking for a good subcompact tractor.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #8  
Mike_V said:
How did you get your box of parts?

My dealer was well aware of the issue as we have already replaced the fender, He gave me a kit with the brackets, lever knobs and gauge panel. That will fix all my issues except the horrid reverse stop issue which I understand they are working on.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #9  
fishpick said:
Box of parts - is this a recall now - or an "call your dealer and ask for parts"?

I want it - cause - well - I don't have it...

Ask your dealer, mine let me know when these items were available. I guess I have one of the good dealers. :D My dealer offered to do the install but since my tractor is 1 hour each way from the dealer and I work near there I elect to do my own work as it is much easier than trailering to the dealer.

/ BX24 Fender Issue - Fixed!!! #10  
Interesting. I will call my dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say. My fenders are not cracked but it would be nice to have the additional supports.