B7800 stopped and would not start!

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #12  
Ever since I bought this tractor the "interlock" switches on the seat and the gears & PTO have been a royal PITA.

This morning I got on the tractor and started it up. I let it run for a few minutes to let it warm up. I picked up a chain to pull some downed limbs on the tractor. I drove the 300' feet to the end of the drive way. I stopped the tractor & got off. Just as I did then engine shut off just like the key had been turned off. I fooled around with it for over an hour before I got the wife help me tow it back to the barn. I never did get it started.

When the switches under the seat are depressed I hear them click once then reset in about 5 seconds. I sprayed WD40 in them. It seem they also click up under the dash also.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong. I've also played with the PTO levers, gear selector lever & the 3 PT hitch.

Still no joy....

Jack.....

Try rocking hydro (foot) pedal back and forth with key turned.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #13  
I second DWW68's sugestion. When I bought my B7800 a year ago, the linkage that activates the switch when the hydro forward reverse pedal is in the neutral position had been bent. The previous owner has jury rigged it so the tractor would start, but unfortunately it would start even if the hydro forward reverse pedal was engaged.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #15  
Bought my Kubota B7800 (used) last Thursday. Worked fine the first time. The second time it wouldn't turn over. After going through the starting procedure (twice), tried checking out the other posts, but to no avail. Checked the battery, ok...solenoid engaging...no lights for pre glow plug, only the glow plug light, and the hazard lights worked. Turned out to be a blown 10 amp fuse for the instrument cluster. Don't know why, I couldn't reproduce it, but it will definitely shut you down. Replaced the fuse and working again :).

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #16  
I recently bought a used Kubota B-7800 and have had the same would not start issue. I think in my case the speed control pedal is not going back to the neutral position. It is supposed to go to neutral position automatically when you take your foot off the pedal. Then if you try to get off the machine while its running the micro switch under the seat will cause the engine to shut down because it thinks its still in gear. Or if you shut down the engine with the key you can't start it the next time because the pedal is not in the neutral position. Its very difficult to find the exact spot while moving the pedal with your toe and turning the key on over and over again until finally you hit it just right and it starts. Then add moving the PTO lever by mistake and it will drive you to drink trying to get the thing running again. The most serious part of this problem is the tractor creeps forward or backward when you take your foot off the speed contol pedal, a very serious safety issue. You can tweek it with your foot to stop it but it's not a sure thing. Shut it off and you will have problems getting it running again.
I greased the pedal pivot point and sprayed all moving linkage with penetrating oil but still not working properly. Not sure what to do next!!!

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #17  
My B 7800 was trying to move with foot off hydro pedal , while in shop for other repairs they called to say hydro bearing or something like that needed to be replaced about $200.00 but it worked. :thumbsup:

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #18  
I have the same problem. i have checked everything including the PTO levers and still nothing. i dont know where to turn. HELP!!!

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #19  
I recently I think in my case the speed control pedal is not going back to the neutral position. It is supposed to go to neutral position automatically when you take your foot off the pedal. Then if you try to get off the machine while its running the micro switch under the seat will cause the engine to shut down because it thinks its still in gear. Or if you shut down the engine with the key you can't start it the next time because the pedal is not in the neutral position.

My B3300SU has the same problem(s). As a temporary fix, until next dealer service, I closed under-seat switch with duct tape, as a pad, then wrapped switch + pad with Velcro one-wrap straps; cable ties would serve to secure as well. Remember, however, while tractor will start you have to be very careful with tractor creep when HST is in gear. Be sure to shift to neutral position before getting off the tractor with engine running.

This in NOT a recommended practice but it is what I did as a temporary fix until next dealer service.

Even the Kubota dealer finds the neutral pedal adjustment "tricky".

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #20  
I have the same problem. i have checked everything including the PTO levers and still nothing. i dont know where to turn. HELP!!!
Hold ignition to start position while slowly moving foot pedal back and forth close as you can to the center (start) position after making sure all levers are in their correct positions..