B7800 stopped and would not start!

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #1  

rickster

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7800 fel
Well I was able to get sand from down the street today!
I left the tractor running while I hosed the sand off when I was finished.
I was off the tractor for awhile and it stopped running. First thought
was that I ran out of fuel but I knew I had close to a full tank. It would
not turn over at all. I check the fuse by the starter and it was good.
It turns out that the lever for the back PTO got bumped out of the off
position. I put the lever where it belongs and it started right up! This tractor
sure beats the old wheel barrow.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #2  
Yea been ther done that, That is the 1st thing I always check is all the levers on everything

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #3  
I think you might be the first person to ever do that! NOT!!! I did the same thing the second day I owned the tractor and took me a good bit of time to figure out what I had done.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #4  
rickster said:
... It turns out that the lever for the back PTO got bumped out of the off position. ....

Good job! Keep up the good troubleshooting work. In a few hundred more hours there'll probably be more little things ... seat interlock, neutral/HST pedal goofy stuff, wet/corroded connectors ... only 6 or 8 of them to check :eek:

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #5  
There may be ways to alleviate non starting stress!!:D

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #6  
rickster said:
Well I was able to get sand from down the street today!
I left the tractor running while I hosed the sand off when I was finished.
I was off the tractor for awhile and it stopped running. First thought
was that I ran out of fuel but I knew I had close to a full tank. It would
not turn over at all. I check the fuse by the starter and it was good.
It turns out that the lever for the back PTO got bumped out of the off
position. I put the lever where it belongs and it started right up! This tractor
sure beats the old wheel barrow.

You know if Kubota is smart and motitors this site they will listen to the customer (all of us) and make an improvement to this (really it is a poor design that can be rectified easily) Imagine if you were able to knock your automatic shift mechanism in your car, I mean truck, that easily from drive to reverse the troubles that would come about because of this. A simple detent or push button would fix this issue. Kubota on their web site talks about Kaizen (a culture of continuous improvement in their organization) I hope they listen.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #7  
You can thank the litigious in our society for many of these irritating safety features.

Safety is a good thing, but you cannot litigate/legislate STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #8  
Most of the calls I get on monday morning are that " MY TRACTOR WON't start" !!!!! I always ask if the grandkids have been to visit. If they have I tell him to check the pto lever. Kids , as I did when younger, will drive PawPaw's tractor a million miles and never start it.

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #9  
Ever since I bought this tractor the "interlock" switches on the seat and the gears & PTO have been a royal PITA.

This morning I got on the tractor and started it up. I let it run for a few minutes to let it warm up. I picked up a chain to pull some downed limbs on the tractor. I drove the 300' feet to the end of the drive way. I stopped the tractor & got off. Just as I did then engine shut off just like the key had been turned off. I fooled around with it for over an hour before I got the wife help me tow it back to the barn. I never did get it started.

When the switches under the seat are depressed I hear them click once then reset in about 5 seconds. I sprayed WD40 in them. It seem they also click up under the dash also.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong. I've also played with the PTO levers, gear selector lever & the 3 PT hitch.

Still no joy....

Jack.....

/ B7800 stopped and would not start! #10  
Can't help with the locations but at times one can dream of a soldering iron.:D