Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC
john_bud said:
I've never heard of "warranty Service". There is scheduled maintenance. Just hold onto your reciepts and the boxes, put the date on the box and on the filters, take a picture if you are worried.

I think that the dealer is just trying to do a "cashectomy" on your impacted wallet.

But if you feel better having it done. Don't forget the transportation costs.

jb

What I was told when I bought the tractor was if You did not do the 50 hour maintenance in a timely manner (50 hrs +- a few) you lose the warranty on the tractor. That is where I got the warranty service. The maintenance service that keeps or loses your warranty. So if something did ever happen to my tractor and I did the 50 hour maintenance service myself, Kubota could easily say that it happened because I did not do the service correctly, even if I had, I could not prove it to them. I'm not saying Kubota would do that if something ever occured, but I don't even want to provide the opportunity. And besides my over worrying, it will be nice to have the dealer look over the whole tractor and check everything out anyway.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #13  
Installation of the radio in a cab model is relatively simple, I had the dealer install the radio mounting kit in mine, that is what made it simple. I was to cheap to spring for the Kubota radio, so I went to Walmart and picked up a AM/FM CD player for about a hundred dollars. The biggest problem that I had was hooking up the radio to the connector, if I remember correctly, picked up some spades for the wires and hooked it up that way. Do not how much more vibration a tractor has, but have R-1's which can ride rough, over seven hundred hours without a problem.

The radio mounting kit from Kubota comes with the speakers and everything needed to mount the radio without doing a lot of hand fabrication.

The price of the block heater if that includes the heater and installation sounds about right, depending upon their shop labor rate.

I have done all my own maintenance from day one, as far as proof all you need is the receipt for the parts.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #14  
teeravis1 said:
What I was told when I bought the tractor was if You did not do the 50 hour maintenance in a timely manner (50 hrs +- a few) you lose the warranty on the tractor. That is where I got the warranty service. The maintenance service that keeps or loses your warranty. So if something did ever happen to my tractor and I did the 50 hour maintenance service myself, Kubota could easily say that it happened because I did not do the service correctly, even if I had, I could not prove it to them. I'm not saying Kubota would do that if something ever occured, but I don't even want to provide the opportunity. And besides my over worrying, it will be nice to have the dealer look over the whole tractor and check everything out anyway.

From what you are saying, my opinion of your dealer has sunk to a new low. It sounds like one of the most smelly piles of manure that ever was laid.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #15  
I have been researching the stereo install without having to cut any wires. The plug is a 7 pin plug as shown in the picture. I think I am about to get to the bottom of where to get the plug. I have already been to all the major car stereo places in Houston, Kubota, and on the internet so don't waste your time looking. I am now in the process of an email tug of war with Panasonic. I also have reason to believe that Kenworth Trucks may have such a plug. I am bound and determined not to cut any wires or rig any connections. As soon as I find out where they are I will let you and Kubota know so they can get back to selling quality tractors and leave the stereo sales to others.

Picture2006-4.jpg

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #16  
I have already been to all the major car stereo places in Houston, Kubota, and on the internet so don't waste your time looking.[\quote]

If you haven't tried Crutchfield.com yet give them a visit and if you don't find something email one of their sound engineers. They should be able to come up withsome thing clean or perhaps even a kit for it.

I ordered a set of speakers from them and got wireing harnes adapters AND a detailed set of installation's tailored to my particular vehicle FREE....
I wouldn;t be surprisd if they don't have somethng for tractor cabs too.