Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #1  

teeravis1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
1) I have scheduled my 50 hour warranty service with my dealer and they told me it would cost about $250, does that sound alright to those of you that have had them done already?

2) Also I asked them about installing a block heater and he said about $125, that sounds high to me, has anyone else had this done? On the block heater I am wondering if that is something I can easily install myself and what the price of just the heater is?

3) Last of all...I asked about getting a radio installed. The dealer told me it would be like $400 some dollars for the mounting kit and the kubota radio. I told him there is no way I would pay that and that the price on that was out of control. So, has anybody already installed one of these themselves? What did it cost? What kind of parts did you need for mounting it and connecting it?

I'll appreciate any input I can get...............Thanks guys!:)

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #2  
1. Haven't had the 50 hour service yet but my dealer quoted $250-$300 when I bought the tractor.

2. Dealer initially quoted $80.00 for a block heater installed but that was one of the little things I got included in the final deal. That certainly does sound high for a block heater!

3. Can't offer any insight on the radio because my B3030 does not have the cab.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #3  
80.00 dollars installed isn't too bad considering a freeze plug heater is around 48 dollars+ tax. Let them spill the anti freeze on their floor and if it leaks on yours they'll have to fix it...I don't know how much super UDT and Reg UDT yours holds but they quoted me 360 for my 3130 GST for the 50 hr. fluid and filter change. I think I'm going to buy the stuff off the dealer and do the changes myself filters and oils because it's good to know it's done right. Not saying the dealer won't do it right but it's good to get to know how to do this little maintinence things as it gets you to know your tractor. Super UDT in the Tranny and UDT in the front axle.. Doesn't seem to difficult but will probably have some kind of misfortune and coat the garage floor with hydraulic oil.. As you get older things aren't as easy to do but make you feel good when you do them yourself...49.5 hrs on it and I'm waiting for the Wrench to appear on the dash...

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #4  
HEY GUYS,

I HAVE A B3030 ALSO AND I DID MY OWN OIL CHANGES. DID THE RIGHT STUFF IN MINE,SUPER UDT, GEAR OIL 90 WEIGHT IN THE FRONT AXLE.

ALSO INSTALLED THE BLOCK HEATER, A LITTLE PATIENCE AND A BIG ALLEN WRENCH TOOK CARE OF THE SITUATION. MY DEALER EVEN OFFERED TO LEND ME THE ALLEN WRENCH, 17MM I THINK. AS OTHERS HAVE SAID ON OTHER POSTS, IF YOU DON'T TRY IT YOU'LL NEVER KNOW YOUR MACHINE!

WHO KNOWS, WHILE YOUR UNDER THERE, YOU MAY NOTICE SOMETHING LODGED. WHILE YOUR UNDER THERE YOU COULD GREASE YOUR FITTINGS TOO!

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #5  
statueman, I think you forgot your caps lock on. You yelled so loudly that my eyes are deaf now (just kidding). Anyways, welcome to TBN and you have a nice tractor.

My dealer installs block heaters on every tractors that he sells. No additional cost. I bought two tractors from him and if I don't want a block heater I have to tell him not to install one.
I do the maintenance myself. I think my dealer was a bit disappointed about that. Usually he charges around 250$CAN for it.
About the radio, I heard that the stock radio is supposed to better withstand shock and vibration. Pfff... I'm not quite sure about that. I have no field experience with that kind of radio but I'm not sure the price asked is justified. If I had a cab I think I'd try a cheaper radio first.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #6  
I had the factory am/fm//cd/wb stereo installed in my 3030 HSDC, it was big,big money, $600. if i recall. The unit is a panasonic, its the same unit they put in large hydraulic equipment, it reads the entire disk, stores the music in a small hard drive & plays it back. Your disk will never skip no matter how rough the terrain is because the disk itself is not playing. The unit itself is decent, however, the pushbutton contols can jam and cause you pain! I dont have a block heater so i cant help you there & i perform my own service.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #7  
I would think with a little research and some patience, you could buy and install the radio for less. Look for a radio at one of the big stores. You could even look at marine radios. They would wistand moisture and other things well not to mention they are designed to play while a boat is boincing on the water. You should be able to save yourself at least $100+.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC
The only reason I am not doing this first service myself is because if something ever happens to go wrong (which I hope never happens), I don't want Kubota to be able to blame it on me because I did the first warranty service and have them get away without taking care of it. That might sound foolish to some people, but I have got screwed enough by trusting that people will do the right thing to learn my lesson.

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #9  
teeravis1 said:
The only reason I am not doing this first service myself is because if something ever happens to go wrong (which I hope never happens), I don't want Kubota to be able to blame it on me because I did the first warranty service and have them get away without taking care of it. That might sound foolish to some people, but I have got screwed enough by trusting that people will do the right thing to learn my lesson.

I've never heard of "warranty Service". There is scheduled maintenance. Just hold onto your reciepts and the boxes, put the date on the box and on the filters, take a picture if you are worried.

I think that the dealer is just trying to do a "cashectomy" on your impacted wallet.

But if you feel better having it done. Don't forget the transportation costs.

jb

/ Warranty service & Radio installation on B3030 HSDC #10  
I just read in another post where a guy installed a Alpine CDC-9852 that he got at Best Buy for $179 in his Kubota. The Kubota connector has 7 pins and he had to jury rig the Kubota connector.

Also, when doing your oil changes, what is the "good stuff" to use in the tranny,
hydraulics and front wheel drives? I would like to do my own service. Are the service manuals you buy on the net ok?

Here is the link ( If can do it right )

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/85207-new-addition-family-m7040-cab.html?highlight=alpine