Snow Snow Chains

/ Snow Chains #1  

REDD

I'm looking to get a set of rear chains for my Kubota B3030. Does anyone have any experience with chains in snow to know what types are good? 2-link? 4-link? Ring type? V-bar? A good place to buy them? Thanks.

/ Snow Chains #2  
Welcome to TBN!:D

What tires do you have?
What surface do you operate the tractor on (dirt,gravel,asphalt)

Tire Chains by Tirechains.com has a real good reputation here for good prices and service.

/ Snow Chains #3  
Don't even think 4 ladder.

On the others there are numerous choices for you to pick from.

I think?? :D serious equipment prefers the ring type chain.:D

/ Snow Chains
The tires are 12.4-16, R-4. I'll be moving snow from gravel roads and sodded areas, no hard surfaces, no real hills. Thanks for the supply link.

/ Snow Chains #5  
REDD said:
I'm looking to get a set of rear chains for my Kubota B3030. Does anyone have any experience with chains in snow to know what types are good? 2-link? 4-link? Ring type? V-bar? A good place to buy them? Thanks.

The type really depend on your conditions: how much snow, any ice, flat ground, pavement/gravel/dirt?

I have Valby ice chains on my L4630, the sort with inch long spikes. They absolutely tear the heck out of pavement, but for the past three blizzards here in northern Vermont my Kubota was the only thing on our hill that never ended up in a ditch...and it pulled three tourists, a plumber's truck, two pickups with snowplows, and the UPS truck to freedom.

Pete

/ Snow Chains
Egon - Why not the ladder type? Because of the 4-link? I'm guessing with that kind of spacing there's really no additional traction.

What's good about the ring type?

/ Snow Chains #7  
Where are you located?

What type of tires do you have?

2-link ladder chains are a good choice for snow and mud.

Tire Chains .com are a good place to buy. There are many satisfied customer here. Just be sure to order the heavy duty expanders.

Here are 2-link ladder chains on a B2710 with R4's. They work well in the snow and mud.

Attachments

• my-son-snowblowing.jpg
    my-son-snowblowing.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 331
   / Snow Chains
I'm located in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. I was moving heavy snow over the weekend and spent a lot of the time slipping around with all that weight in the bucket. The rears are filled, and I didn't have a rear attachment on for mobility reasons.

/ Snow Chains #9  
My vote - double ring. I have a similar sized tractor - L3710. Amazing traction on ice, snow and mud.

/ Snow Chains #10  
The four link ladder chains ride rather roughly especially on smaller tires.

I added diagonals to my four ladder chains so that they could be used on hard surfaces.

Pete and others have answered all your questions on chains.

Choose according to your situation.