Movin' Dirt

/ Movin' Dirt #1  

Glowplug

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040HD
Well, this afternoon in Kentucky it was 72 F and not a cloud in the sky. So, instead of catching up on paperwork at the office I decided to take an early weekend and enjoy the weather. After I spent some time outside with my two little girls I decided to get out the tractor and MOVE SOME DIRT! I just about have to get my tractor out every single day even if it's only for a few minutes or I start going in to withdrawal. I posted a couple of photos just for the heck of it. Unfortunately I couldn't get any action shots of me dumping the dirt or digging it up since I'm both the photographer and tractor driver.:D

Attachments

• DirtLoad (Medium).JPG
    DirtLoad (Medium).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 443
  • PlayinInDirt (Medium).JPG
    PlayinInDirt (Medium).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 401
  • DumpIt (Medium).JPG
    DumpIt (Medium).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 361
   / Movin' Dirt #3  
Chuck,

That's a nice looking tractor you have there. Very mean and agressive!!!!

Isn't it amazing how much fun building a dirt pile can be? And removing one is even more fun!!!!!

Eddie

/ Movin' Dirt #4  
Just a question: are you moving it or just playing in the same dirt pile? ;)

/ Movin' Dirt #5  
Nice machine. Still snow on the ground and frozen earth over here. Maybe get some stuff done next week as the temps slide into the HIGH 40's..Heat wave.

/ Movin' Dirt
Stef said:
Just a question: are you moving it or just playing in the same dirt pile? ;)

I'm actually excavating out an outdoor horse riding arena and piling the dirt up. I'm going to use it to fill in a bunch of fence post holes (~1,000) once I get all the fence posts pulled out. All I've done so far is dig up a bunch of dirt and put it in a pile. It sure is a blast though. Come to think of it. . . .I'm just playing in the dirt like a 9 year old boy.:D

/ Movin' Dirt #7  
wife askes me
"what did you do today"
i say
"same thing i do everyday, i dig holes and fill them up"

/ Movin' Dirt #8  
Glowplug said:
. I'm going to use it to fill in a bunch of fence post holes (~1,000) once I get all the fence posts pulled out. .:D
Just something to think about. I only have a few posts to remove , which I havn't done yet, but I was thinking it might be best to fill them with something non-compactible like gravel. I'm a little worried that if I just fill them with dirt that it will be soft and settle and provide a dangerous place for a horse foot to step on. I havn't actually had or heard of any bad experiences in this regard, just trying to think ahead. One thing I have come to believe is that if you have a huge field with one tiny little unsafe thing in it the horses will find it.

/ Movin' Dirt
Fjord said:
Just something to think about. I only have a few posts to remove , which I havn't done yet, but I was thinking it might be best to fill them with something non-compactible like gravel. I'm a little worried that if I just fill them with dirt that it will be soft and settle and provide a dangerous place for a horse foot to step on. I havn't actually had or heard of any bad experiences in this regard, just trying to think ahead. One thing I have come to believe is that if you have a huge field with one tiny little unsafe thing in it the horses will find it.

Way ahead of ya man. This stuff is not really 'dirt' but actually more like sand. Much less compactible.:D It's really heavy. Those bucket fulls that I have weigh about 2,000 lbs. each.

By the way, for those of you who only look at the 1st photo and then move on. . .I think the 2nd photo is by far the best.:D

/ Movin' Dirt #10  
Glowplug said:
By the way, for those of you who only look at the 1st photo and then move on. . .I think the 2nd photo is by far the best.:D
Somehow the photo from that angle makes your tractor look much bigger.Maybe that's why it's the best one.:D