Oil & Fuel B2400 - Changing Oil Seals

/ B2400 - Changing Oil Seals #1  

alvaro

I recently purchased a used B2400 and after about 24 hours of mainly bush Hogging light vegetation I noticed transmission/Hydraulic Oil dripping on the left rear tyre. I found out that the oil was leaking from the rear axle oil seal. I also noticed a trace of the same kind of oil in the vicinity of the joint between the rear of the engine and the transmission.
I have ordered the appropriate seals and am now seeking advice as to how to go about changing the seals. Any repairs will have to be done on the farm since it is in a remote area involving crossing it over a river on a make shift barge. Is this something that a reasonably mechanically inclined person can do? Thanks in advance. Incidentally I am in Belize in Central America.

Al
alvaro is online now Edit/Delete Message

/ B2400 - Changing Oil Seals #2  
Hello Al…
Sounds like you are going to use every tool you can get to it… Changing seals is not too difficult but you will feel like you are using every type tool made, and before you are finished you will most likely need to buy a few more tools. Not really hard but a shop manual will be handy. Good luck, KennyV.

/ B2400 - Changing Oil Seals #3  
By all means, have a shop manual and a parts manual with you.

ron