Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW!

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
Wow I drove a L5740 today with the new Auto Throttle Advance. I thought it might be a gimmick but all I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am now more than ever convinced that this is the best CUT out there.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #2  
I thought it was great when they first introduced it on lawn mowers a few years back. Made mowing real easy! It is new to the compact tractor industry and I think it will be a hit.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #3  
Can someone articulate what it is? How is it different from the Lxx30 HST?

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #4  
LaVita said:
Can someone articulate what it is? How is it different from the Lxx30 HST?

It basically links the throttle with the hydro pedal and it is really only good for travel, trailer towing etc.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #5  
Kubota Grand L40 Tractors

"Debuting in the Grand L40 tractors is Kubota's newly developed, electronically controlled hydrostatic transmission (HST) called the HST Plus. It makes operating a tractor simple, while delivering maximum performance.

HST Plus has four innovative functions that create a new dimension of performance and ease of operation:

1. By simply adjusting a dial, the operator selects one of 13 response levels for HST Response Control that appropriately controls transmission response to the HST pedal.
2. Operators can choose automatic or manual mode for the Hydro Dual Speed (H-DS), which allows additional high and low shifting – even while moving – within each hydrostatic speed range, to create a total of six speed ranges.
3. In response to pressing a mode-selection button, the revolutionary Load-sensing Stall Guard automatically manages power to the wheels, preventing engine stall under load. This can be combined with H-DS for the ultimate in productivity and ease of operation.
4. The new Auto-throttle-advance feature simulates the ease of driving an automatic-transmission car by synchronizing tractor speed and engine power with the HST pedal, while reducing fuel consumption."

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #6  
Sounds like a bunch of fancy-schmancy gobbledy-gook to me!:D Just give me a stick and a clutch pedal any day!;)

Just kidding. Thought I try to stir the pot a little. If I were buying now I'd seriously look into this tractor. I just don't know enough about it to comment.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #7  
I also tested an L5740 tis past monday and was impressed but moreso with the anti-stall capabilities. The transmission in auto throttle mode does take some geting used to as depressing the pedal doesn't always move you right away. I will say this though, the turbo engine sounded really nice inside that cab, almost like my deep throated dozer.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #8  
Glowplug said:
Sounds like a bunch of fancy-schmancy gobbledy-gook to me!:D Just give me a stick and a clutch pedal any day!;)

Me too. In fact, I've never met an automiatic transmission I liked in any vehicle. I guess I'm just a control freak.

However, I guess if it was my job to spend all day, every day on a tractor, I'd appreciate all the amenities I could find.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #9  
Hmmmm. Could this be the step to eliminating the need to learn to use a tractor with a HST? A lot of inexperienced users, when the load gets heavy, tend to push down on the pedal, and then come to the conclusion that the hydrostat doesn't pull as good as their gear tractor.

/ Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW! #10  
milkman said:
Hmmmm. Could this be the step to eliminating the need to learn to use a tractor with a HST? A lot of inexperienced users, when the load gets heavy, tend to push down on the pedal, and then come to the conclusion that the hydrostat doesn't pull as good as their gear tractor.
That's pretty much the case. Just set the throttle lever as low as it goes (or anywhere for that matter) and then step on the pedal. The further you step the more you go, just like a car. The transmission uses the anti stall features to keep everything honest.