Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500

Default Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW!

Wow I drove a L5740 today with the new Auto Throttle Advance. I thought it might be a gimmick but all I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am now more than ever convinced that this is the best CUT out there.

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Kubota newHST Auto Throttle Advance-WOW!

I thought it was great when they first introduced it on lawn mowers a few years back. Made mowing real easy! It is new to the compact tractor industry and I think it will be a hit.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4330

Can someone articulate what it is? How is it different from the Lxx30 HST?
    Thanks,
    Chuck

LaVita - The Life!

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Quote Originally Posted by LaVita
    Can someone articulate what it is? How is it different from the Lxx30 HST?
    It basically links the throttle with the hydro pedal and it is really only good for travel, trailer towing etc.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

Kubota Grand L40 Tractors

"Debuting in the Grand L40 tractors is Kubota's newly developed, electronically controlled hydrostatic transmission (HST) called the HST Plus. It makes operating a tractor simple, while delivering maximum performance.

HST Plus has four innovative functions that create a new dimension of performance and ease of operation:

1. By simply adjusting a dial, the operator selects one of 13 response levels for HST Response Control that appropriately controls transmission response to the HST pedal.
    2. Operators can choose automatic or manual mode for the Hydro Dual Speed (H-DS), which allows additional high and low shifting – even while moving – within each hydrostatic speed range, to create a total of six speed ranges.
    3. In response to pressing a mode-selection button, the revolutionary Load-sensing Stall Guard automatically manages power to the wheels, preventing engine stall under load. This can be combined with H-DS for the ultimate in productivity and ease of operation.
    4. The new Auto-throttle-advance feature simulates the ease of driving an automatic-transmission car by synchronizing tractor speed and engine power with the HST pedal, while reducing fuel consumption."

Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

Sounds like a bunch of fancy-schmancy gobbledy-gook to me! Just give me a stick and a clutch pedal any day!

Just kidding. Thought I try to stir the pot a little. If I were buying now I'd seriously look into this tractor. I just don't know enough about it to comment.
    Chuck

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

I also tested an L5740 tis past monday and was impressed but moreso with the anti-stall capabilities. The transmission in auto throttle mode does take some geting used to as depressing the pedal doesn't always move you right away. I will say this though, the turbo engine sounded really nice inside that cab, almost like my deep throated dozer.
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.

N80
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

[quote=Glowplug]Sounds like a bunch of fancy-schmancy gobbledy-gook to me! Just give me a stick and a clutch pedal any day!

Me too. In fact, I've never met an automiatic transmission I liked in any vehicle. I guess I'm just a control freak.

However, I guess if it was my job to spend all day, every day on a tractor, I'd appreciate all the amenities I could find.
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Tractor
    BX2200, BCS 735

Hmmmm. Could this be the step to eliminating the need to learn to use a tractor with a HST? A lot of inexperienced users, when the load gets heavy, tend to push down on the pedal, and then come to the conclusion that the hydrostat doesn't pull as good as their gear tractor.
    Hate is like drinking poison, hoping your enemy will die. unknown author

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    Hmmmm. Could this be the step to eliminating the need to learn to use a tractor with a HST? A lot of inexperienced users, when the load gets heavy, tend to push down on the pedal, and then come to the conclusion that the hydrostat doesn't pull as good as their gear tractor.
    That's pretty much the case. Just set the throttle lever as low as it goes (or anywhere for that matter) and then step on the pedal. The further you step the more you go, just like a car. The transmission uses the anti stall features to keep everything honest.
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast