tool bar size on bx's

/ tool bar size on bx's #1  

LOUIE44

Tractor
BX22
Guys wonder if someone could give me some quick feed back
on my bx22 tlb , am i correct telling them my inside measurement on the bucket is 48" . i 'am planning on ordering one thru Marku welding.
thanks in advance

/ tool bar size on bx's #2  
I don't know for sure, however I believe it is just a little bit smaller. I would not be surprised if the guys at Markhem already know. A lot of BX owners have bought tooth bars from them already.

I can measure my bx1500 bucket when I get home this evening. I believe the bucket is the same size.

/ tool bar size on bx's #3  
kwolfe said:
I believe the bucket is the same size.

Lists as the same width between the 1500 and other machines, but the volume is different.

I just measured my inside dimension (inside the side plates of the bucket) as 46-1/4" inside clear near the cutting edge and 46-1/2" near the inside-top of the bucket by the horizontal indicator.

Don't really know where "48 inches" comes from...there is no width on my bucket that is that wide...not even to the outside of the cutting edge.

Funny.

/ tool bar size on bx's #4  
My guess on the 48" measurement is that it comes from the marketing numbers used by Kubota--"its a 48" bucket."

/ tool bar size on bx's #5  
Wonder how "it's a 48" bucket" morphed over time into a 47" bucket. And that's being a little generous with my measurement...to the outside extremes of the cutting edge.

Not that I'm going to my dealership to try and get some money back for the missing inch, but why make it narrower than the specs? I wonder if it holds the volume they say? Or if the tractor travels as fast as they say it does? Or if the HP rating is up to snuff? Where does the "Awww, it's close enough" theory begin and end?

Just seems like an odd thing, is all.

Maybe like the good-ole 2 x 4 being 1-5/8 x 3-1/2, in 20 years they'll have a "48 inch bucket" that measures something like 43 inches across. When I die it'll only be 36 inches wide. It's already started! I don't even have a true 48 inch bucket! The conspiracy has begun...you heard it here first! :)

/ tool bar size on bx's #6  
Yer fine as long as your wife doesn't start saying " It used to be 8 inches now it's only 61/2... what happened? " :eek: :D