How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota?

/ How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota? #21  
So, does anyone have info on air filters for tractors? I presume that the factory filter is fine and that the goal is simply to clean and change them at the proper intervals but if someone knows more let's hear it.

/ How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota? #22  
IslandTractor said:
So, does anyone have info on air filters for tractors? I presume that the factory filter is fine and that the goal is simply to clean and change them at the proper intervals but if someone knows more let's hear it.

You have only a very small number of choices. Practically, the only choice is to just use the factory filters. They are good and work well. The other non-practical choice is to custom engineer a premium filter SYSTEM like one from Donaldson. It might, maybe, be a very slight bit better at stopping contamination in the air. A really non-practical solution would be to put an oil bath air filteration system in. They work very well, but require lots of maintenance.

My version of air filte mainenance:
Blow out the housing while the dirty outer filter is still on it. Take off the outer filter and blow it out (regulate the air pressure to about 35 psi) from the inside towards the outside. Do this away from the tractor. Remove the inner filter and inspect it for signs of dirt. Replace the OUTER filter if you see dirt on the inner filter along with the inner filter. Wipe out the air tube with a moist white cloth. If it shows dirt, replace the INNER filter. NEVER blow off the inner filter.

These replacements are in addition to the scheduled replacements.

After each dusty use (cutting, tilling, discing etc) blow the tractor free of dust then take the air cleaner cap off and blow the inside of the housing out.

/ How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota? #23  
Sounds like a solid regimen. I've been cleaning mine regularly but I'll adopt a more rigorous protocol especially as my summer mowing is pretty dusty.

/ How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota? #24  
Some of you have mentioned or eluded to the quality of the base engine. From the past in the shop I could tell you of engines that needed majors at 5000 hours in ag tractors and by the second time a new crank would be needed. That design only spun to 2200 tops and PTO at 2000 RPM. Some engines unless you spun a rod or main bearing you could rebuild a couple of times and still never have to turn a crank! That engine was PTO rated at 2500 with tops at 2700-2800 depending on it's use. Both were being sold at the same time by two different manufacturers.

The blocks of some engines today are being built with better alloys on some engines and some are still built with the 50's vintage specs for cast so it is still all across the boards!!!!!

/ How many Hrs can you put on a Kubota? #25  
Ingersoll Rand uses small Kubota diesels in their Portable Light Tower machines. In a COMPACT EQUIPMENT magazine article, Fred Picket of Ingersoll Rand says..."If maintained properly, 22,000 to 24,000 hours on a light tower is possible...some machines get into the 30,000 hour range." We should not have to worry about wearing our Kubotas out, unless we do no maintenance at all.

OrangeGuy