Default Best Multi-purpose Tire?

I recently purchased a used BX1500. It came with turfs on them but I would like to inquire from other users as to the best all-around tires for mowing,FEL and snow removal which will be the primary duties. Are there r4s available for the 1500 and would they be a better fit for FEL work and have minimal impact on the lawn? Thank you.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 265, Kubota BX24

Default Re: Best Multi-purpose Tire?

Everybody has an opinion on this.

My suggestion would be to wear out your turfs if they still have life and get yourself chains for the winter if you are operating on gravel.

So much depends on your application. I have R-4's and they do not affect the lawn at all. SWMBO would never tolerate it.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota BX-22.......couple of sears riding mowers that the neighbors were throwing away at one time or another.

I have the turfs and a set of bar tires for the mud and snow on my BX-22

Tractor
    Kubota BX1500 w/ R1's and LA181 FEL

Had turfs, switched to bars. Very happy with the decision. They do not mark up the lawn unless the ground is wet and they definitely provide better traction where cosmetics don't matter.
    If you're gonna do it, do it right!