Mowing BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question

/ BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question #1  

THEDADLORD

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
What is the best way to REMOVE this drive belt?? Mine has a few splits in it, and it's time to replace it. I've got it out of the pulleys, per advice from other members in the forum. I've removed the retaining ring under the deck that secures the main blade shaft. Now I'm not sure which bolts to undo on the deck gear box to drop the belt. The four bolts that go thru the deck or the ones that go thru the side of the gearbox??

This belt only has 450 hours on it, you'd think they'd last longer as they cost $78. with shipping. Ouch!!

I'm trying to get a hold of the service manual, but right now I'm running out of time to do the mowing. Thanks for any advice.

/ BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question #2  
1, remove the deck from tractor.

2, remove left and right hand belt covers.

3, remove belt from tension pully.

4, Standing behind the deck looking forward, remove the right hand bracket which mounts the gearbox to the mower deck and slip the belt over the top of the gear box.

5, install new belt and reverse above procedure.

Nothing under the deck needs to be messed with or removed to change the belt. Of course you can sharpen the blades while the deck is off the tractor. You will need a 1 3/16" or 30.2 mm socket for that.

PhilD

/ BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question
Phil,

I followed the steps you outlined & it was a snap to remove. Thanks for the help.

Bill

/ BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question #4  
Oh well.

The EASY way is to use a crowbar against the tension roller arm. It's half a snap.

RDnT

/ BX2200 Mid Mount Mower deck belt removal question #5  
I find grabbing that spring end with a pair of channels locks and pulling back on it for all your worth, might work, but it usually leaves you with a concussion, lump and nasty headache for a few days. Take it for what it's worth..... :)