Need suggestions for removing bushes

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #1  

vrman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23 & ZD326P
I have a row of bushes along two lengths of my property line (about 900ft total), and there is a fence that runs right next to them on the outside. I have a BX23, and I'm wondering what is the best attachment to cut them down, and then rip them out of the ground. I had someone come in a couple years ago and cut them all to the ground for me (they did it by hand with chainsaws), so there shouldn't be any real thick ones yet.

My only other alternative is spraying, but I've heard trying to kill off bushes with spray is a waste of time.

Or should I just spend the money and have someone manually cut them down again, and then removed the bases with the BH?

Thanks!!

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #2  
I don't know how large your bushes are but how about you wrap a choker chain around them and pull them out with your tractor
Jim:)

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #3  
If you have a 3p blade and can angle it so it cuts a trnch with one corner of the blade, cut the trench paralle with and as close to the bushes as the root balls will allow pulling the dirt pile away for the row. Then use the choker and tractor to pull them individually towards the trench and out you'll find it much easier I think.
ksf

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #4  
Brushbegone by Ortho works pretty well. Bushogging is a common remedy, but often results in very short bushes. My favorite tactic, though, is to get a few goats, which prefer woody plants over grass. Then again, I'm a grass farmer.

Cheers

Stackwood
MX5000

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #5  
you have a backhoe on your bx23 so use it dig em out and forget about it,

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #6  
workinallthetime said:
you have a backhoe on your bx23 so use it dig em out and forget about it,

I was going to recommend a grubber until I realized he has a BH, not sure why this is a discussion?? :)

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #7  
ovrszd said:
I was going to recommend a grubber until I realized he has a BH, not sure why this is a discussion?? :)

I'll third that? BH = end of story

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #8  
Get a flame thrower attachment. Pre-soak in waste oil for added smoke.

/ Need suggestions for removing bushes #10  
Skidmark25 said:
Get a flame thrower attachment. Pre-soak in waste oil for added smoke.

Sounds exciting! Personally I was going to recommend dynamite!

Use the backhoe. That's what it was designed for. If I had a backhoe they'd already be out of the ground.