Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB #1  

Anonymous Poster

Have a tractor on order, would like a set of hyd. valves on the rear. It will have a loader and a m-m mower. Where does one normally mount the SCV and the outlets? I don't think mounting anything on the fenders will improve the looks -- any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Great site.

Claude

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB #2  
Guess you mean valves in addition to a set for the loader. I face that question myself. My present valves are a fairly standard mount that sits on a plate to the right of the dash. The plate is mounted on several pipe section that attach to the tractor side. I think I'll see if I can mount another plate on the same pipe below and ahead of the existing valves. That wound give me sort of a two tiered set of valves. Sort of like a pipe organ.

I thought about adding sections to the existing valves, but I figure that a row of maybe six valves would have me pulling the wrong one a lot.

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB #3  
I think your 2410 will be identical to my 1700, which has a factory provided rear hydraulic hookup already in place beneath the rear of the seat. I got a quote from my dealer of $585 to add all of the required plumbing and valves to hook up a hydraulic dump cart I was considering buying, but I think the arrangement would be the same whether you were using a backhoe, dump cart, or any other rear mounted hydraulic piece of equipment.

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB #4  
It's probably a good idea to make sure that sections can be added to a spooling valve setup. I don't know whether sections can be added to all valves or not. The problem is that a taste can be developed for all sorts of rear hydraulic toys--top links, side links, telescoping link arms, gauge wheels, scarifiers and so on. You never know when another valve might be handy.

At least right now, my tastes haven't gotten carried away. However, my pallet forks do require one valve for the lift and another for the tilt. A third would be required if I had gotten the side-shift. At the moment, I have to run the tilt off the loader bucket curl valve. It's not too bad swapping hoses, but I'll add a valve eventually. It's a little confusing to remember that the bucket curl is the curl, except when the forks are on, and then it's the tilt.

Another variation or two on the hydraulics, and my operation would likely become real thought provoking. That is, having to think through what I'm doing rather than simply watching progress, and the hands just doing what is required. I have enough trouble with the tractor gearshift on the left. After I work a day on the tractor, I'm forever shifting the 1/2 ton into reverse with the turn signal.

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB #5  
Claude,

All the SCV external valves that I have seen for Kubota (or John Deere) tie into the hydraulic system and have a control rod under the seat. The price is about $600 per valve and sometimes less if you buy a pair. My M6800 came with one and I would have one more if they weren't so expensive. The local Kubota dealer put a really neat system on an L tractor. It uses 4 hydraulic switches to control 4 valves and WAS mounted on the right fender or ROPS. It is a little difficult, but beats the heck out of climbing off the tractor. Many people also use the loader controls for external hydraulics as that is already installed and with one additional unit, you can do most basic controlling.

/ Aux. hyd. on B2410HSDB
Thanks for the replies.

When I got my L2850 in the early 90's I wanted a set of rear outlets and they claimed to have to mount both the control valve and the outlets on top of the right fender. Since it was a new tractor I did not want big ugly controls and outlets on my nice new fender. I never got one but have needed it several times. Would like to get one for the B2410 if the valve & outlets could be mounted some place that would not impact the good looks of the tractor.

Thanks,

Claude