markham tooth bar owners

/ markham tooth bar owners #1  

Cade

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2650GST
I just got my tooth bar from MArkham and I am pleased on the quality. I was going to install it, however I have a question....the space for the teeth that go under the bucket....should the bucket slide all the way into the spaceing of the teeth? I have about 1 inch of the bucket into the space and about 1 inch left that the bucket could go into the teeth. Is this normal or should I grind the bucket down so that the bucket fits snug against the space of the teeth? Also the bucket has a slight bow to it so the bar of the tooth bar doesn't quite sit flush, about 1/4" deviation. Any thoughts?

Thanks

/ markham tooth bar owners #2  
I think the slight bow could be keeping the toothbar from sliding on. It should fit all the way into the grooves. I would take a sledgehammer and drive it on if the bend isn't real bad.

/ markham tooth bar owners
I don't think it wil go if i sledge hammer it. There is a definate bow on the bottom blade. If the blade of the bucket is on the ground (the middle of the blade touches and the ends at the sides are about a 1/4 from touching the ground. Any ideas on straightening the bucket? If not then I may have a nice tooth bar to hang above the mantel.:mad:

/ markham tooth bar owners #4  
Put a 4x4 block of wood on the ground. Place front edge of bucket on 4x4. Lower bucket until front end of tractor comes off of ground. Raise bucket and check if straight. If not, place 4x4 two inches behind front edge of bucket and lower bucket until edge of bucket is straight. Then install tooth bar. Nothing wrong with using sledge hammer to set it in place.

ron

/ markham tooth bar owners #5  
There is another thread about repairing bent buckets. I think I may have added to that thread with significant detail. ...just don't recall when it was or what the thread was called.

Basically, I unbent my bucket by putting a 3 ton floor jack under the bent lip and then wrapped a heavy chain around the bottom of the jack and over the top of the bucket. This effectively binds the jack to the underside of the bucket.

Now slowly extend the jack. Let the jack push into the bucket about a half inch past the point that you really want. Now leave the jack there for about ten minutes. Now lower the jack and assess the new shape.

/ markham tooth bar owners #6  
For those of you who have bought this tooth bar can you tell me what
size flat stock they are made with and how many teeth for a 60" bucket?

Thanks!
Rick

I got it on with some coerhersion and a few new words. I tried a few techniques and was able to get it on, however it isn't totally on the grooves of the teeth. I think the bucket was reinforced at some point in time due to the thickness of the bottom edge. I tried it out and it did a fine job wripping and digging into my stone, clay and roots on y property.

rickster, I didn't messure the flatstock, however i would guess about 3/8'' and my 60 inch bucket has 6 teeth.

638, i tried your method and it didn't work out for me. I think it was because of the reinforced bottom edge of the bucket. It is too thick. Just curious, when you use the bucket to lift the front end up....how far off the ground will the front wheels be from the ground. I can only get a few inches may be 3 inches. Is that about normal?

/ markham tooth bar owners #9  
3 inches is about what I get with the bucket flat. About 12 to 14 inches with the bucket in the dumped positition. I've never tried to straighten a bucket with a block of wood, but thought it might be worth a try.

ron