bh 75 seat mod anyone?

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone? #1  

workinallthetime

Veteran Member
Tractor
L45 TLB, ZD326P
ok i made the upgrade from the bx23 to the b3030 TLB, i got to say i love the machine but the backhoe seat sucks!!!!!!, i feel like at any moment im going to fall over on my head, but wait i cant because my knees are in my stomach. the bx23 had a much better seating situation than the 3030. i havent looked at it to much other than to make sure it was in the correct position and locked down, but sems like you could fab a bracket to make the thing move up and back about 4 inches w/o much work.
anyone done anything like this or am i going to have to be the ginny pig?

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone?
maybe ill have to check

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone? #4  
I had the same problem with mine till I adjusted it.

The seat is adjustable up, there are bolts below the seat in the shaft the seat is mounted to, just pull the bolts and set it to a different set of holes you want.
I cut the rubber bumpers in half that the seat rest on to get rid of that feeling of falling foward...it works for me.

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone?
nope seat is adjusted all the way up, as in the last two holes. after really looking at it today i think a mod would be real easy. just make a bracket to bolt between the seat and base. this would allow it to ba an add on and you would not be changing anything set by the factory. ill post pics when im done
i guess i should also mention im 6-2 and 200 lbs so leg room is important to me

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone? #6  
I thought you were talking about the seat of the tractor... ahhh. The bakchoe, yeah IMHO the seat is quite cheap. Yes I feel squeezed and yes a modification would be simple. But... I didn't make it, yet! Keep us updated

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone? #7  
Yes, please post an update when you get it done.

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone?
Stef said:
I thought you were talking about the seat of the tractor... ahhh. The bakchoe, yeah IMHO the seat is quite cheap. Yes I feel squeezed and yes a modification would be simple. But... I didn't make it, yet! Keep us updated

ya the backhoe seat is the one im going to mod, but at some point im thinking about changing out the tractor seat to one like is on my zd326. its like a barco lounger. lol
the hoe seat will be easy, i just need to find the right size of metal to do it with. i think a piece of 2" channel iron would do it perfect. im going to sandford and sons (my dads) this weekend i will get what i need.
i need to take some pics of my new toothbar also for the 3030 owners.
have fun guys, i am

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone? #9  
I just took delivery of B3030 TLB about 2 weeks ago. So far loving it. Backhoe seat is quite cramped as you say, (I'm 6'3" 240). Almost went with JD 2520, but I am very thankful I didn't. I was thinking of a tooth bar as well. Would love to see pics and where you picked it up. Also looking forward to seeing your mod on your backhoe seat.

I was wondering if you have noticed any bleedoff of your backhoe hydrolics? I have to park mine in the garage with the wife's van and leave the hoe in raised position, but overnight it drops. Is this normal or do I have a problem already?

/ bh 75 seat mod anyone?
vic_salve said:
I just took delivery of B3030 TLB about 2 weeks ago. So far loving it. Backhoe seat is quite cramped as you say, (I'm 6'3" 240). Almost went with JD 2520, but I am very thankful I didn't. I was thinking of a tooth bar as well. Would love to see pics and where you picked it up. Also looking forward to seeing your mod on your backhoe seat.

I was wondering if you have noticed any bleedoff of your backhoe hydrolics? I have to park mine in the garage with the wife's van and leave the hoe in raised position, but overnight it drops. Is this normal or do I have a problem already?

bleed down is normal, use your pins if you are concerned about it or park it with the bucked on the ground. i was really worried about it when my bx did it until i talked to a few guys who know alot more about the system than i do and they said it was normal. the tooth bar is the one i had on my old bx23, i just cut the teeth off and welded them to a new 5" x 3/8 piece of strap metal.
i will take pics the next time i have it on and its clean