R 520 loader

/ R 520 loader #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
I was just curious if anybody knows of a company that makes an aftermarket side-shift hoe for the R 520.Also wondering if anybody has any hydrolic knowledge regarding this machine.I'm interested in running a 6' harley rake and the kubota dealers say its not a great idea because of minimal flow.

/ R 520 loader #2  
Most of the wheel loaders I see have the Kubota side shifts on them, but I seem to remember something about Bradco having a hoe available, maybe check with them on that. The rear aux circuit on the R520 should flow about 15 GPM. What does the Harley require?

/ R 520 loader
I know the harley requires at least 13 gpm but from what I've been told since the 520 is hydrostatic and not gear driven when you use other functions on the machine i.e. steer,move the loader arms,or curl it steals hydrolic power from the rake causing it to stall.I was wondering if there was any way to increase the flow with out messing with pumps and such.I currently have an L35 and want to get the loader because of lift height and bucket capacity but the need to use the rake is holding me back.

/ R 520 loader #4  
Tags, in my opinion you're not going to get the best of both worlds here. Cooling the hyd's could also be a factor with the 520. That's seems to be alot to ask of this machine. The L 48 may be a good choice (barring the self level valve problems) Which may or may not be a factor..................That question is still up in the air at this point.

/ R 520 loader
I know ....nobody has yet to make the perfect all around machine. I have a friend who has an L48 and I have put about 50 hours on it and yes, it is a great machine but the lift height just isn't enough for loading large trucks. I'm actually curious about the new Deere 110, but I'm pretty sure thats going to come up short also.

/ R 520 loader
Re:L48 self leveling?

Kubmech , what is the problem with the self leveling valve on the L 48?

/ R 520 loader #7  

Check out L48 VS L4610 in buying/pricing.

/ R 520 loader

Kubmech, just wanted to say thanks for the info.

/ R 520 loader #9  
Tags - My EarthForce EF-5 has a loadover height of 9'11". How high do you need?

/ R 520 loader
MChalkley-I would like enough height to easily load into a tri-axel truck.The 520 lifts to 10'10" to hinge pins and the 48 to (I think)9'9".Like I said my biggest problem is the harley rake so the L48 looks to be the one ,unless the new 110 deere has better #'s