Box scraper choices for GL4330 and a thumb for BH 90

/ Box scraper choices for GL4330 and a thumb for BH 90 #1  

bgWI

West central edge of WI along the Mississippi Rive
Tractor
Kubota GL4330
Last February I posted for inputs on 6' box scrapers. The Gearmore 2G2 box scraper looks very good but my local dealer is pushing Land Pride which they have carried for years with parts support. Since I bought a used box scraper from him when I bought the tractor last summer and he is willing to allow full credit on the return, I believe it would be easier to work with my dealer.

Has anyone experience with the Land Pride HR25 72" or HR 35 72" series box scrapers? The "35" weighs (931#) another 80 pounds over the "25" and has a hinged rear backfill blade-which I do not understand all the advantages/uses of. My other consideration is since I have power top/tilt and a third valve open-would it be beneficial to go hydraulic than manual with the shank tube? I'm in the clay country of the west central edge of Wisconsin and will use the scraper as ballast to offset the Long 4 in 1 bucket (185# more than std bucket) and clearing and grading our hill property. I would appreciate your inputs.

Another thread I was following is on back hoe thumbs. My dealer cannot find a maker of one for my Kubota BH 90. Any recommendations or sources for plans to fabricate one? Seems to be a great help when stumping and grubbing.

This is a great forum with many great participants and wonderful ideas. Its great to be a participant.

Necessity is the "Mother" of invention!

take care,
Bill