Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped

/ Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
After mowing today I decided to change my MMM blades and I figured this would'nt take long but I was badly wrong.I changed these last summer with a new set and had the other ones sharpened.I had no trouble changing them at all.,but today the 2 outer blade bolts were very hard to get out.I came to find out they were stripped but how?Now does anyone know if this piece is supposed to come out?It looks like it will but I tried an inpact wrench and no luck.If this unscrews somehow I can just replace it and the bolt.If it does unscrew would it be reverse threads??If it was'nt for bad luck I would'nt have any.It is a Kubota 60"MMM.
Donny

/ Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped
Sorry ,here is the picture.
Donny

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 590
   / Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #3  
Don,
Are the internal threads stripped? If so you might be able to run a tap in and restore the threads. If that is not possible I am afraid the spindle shaft will need to be replaced. The blade bolt threads into the bottom of the spindle shaft which goes up through the two spindle bearings and the pulley is mounted on the top. I think you will need to remove the top pulley, then the spindle from the deck and take it to the workbench for removal of the spindle shaft. Be careful with that impact wrench, I suspect it caused this problem.

Saxman, The bolt and the threads are stripped.Here is some pics of the pully and after it was removed.Would you say that the striped piece on the bottom just unscrews from the top piece?It looks like it would have to.There is a place for a wrench on the top and bottom. If this is the case I can unscrew it and replace the bolt and the threaded part.I tried to look for replacement parts on the net but I could not find nothing.The model # is RCK60B75B and ser# is 11704.
Thanks, Donny

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 419
   / Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #5  
I just had to have a spindle replaced on a 60" MMM (Kubota) and it is not that expensive.

mark

/ Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #6  
I believe that with the pulley removed like you have it, you should remove the grease fitting and drive the shaft out of the bearings with a lead or plastic hammer. The part number might be K5371-34552. That is the part number for a RCK60B-22BX deck. But, looking at your first picture, it didn't look like the shaft threads were hurt. You may, just need new bolts.

ron

On the picture shown the threads are messed up near the top(just about 4or5 from the top)But on the other one about 3/4 of the threads are ate up.Somehow the 2 outside blade holes are messed up.The blades have only been replaced 1 time and that was by me.I did use an impact wrench but not before I threaded it by hand first.I can see it was probally the cause and I will put it back on with a socket wrench from now on.I guess I will visit the dealer tomorrow and see what this will cost.
Donny

/ Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #8  
Don,
Sorry for not responding quicker, I was outside playing with my 3830 all day since the weather was so nice. I think that the shaft should drive out with the spindle off the mower. Don't get carried away, if it doesn't come loose look at a parts diagram to see if there are any retainers or snap rings that need to come out first, I have seen spindles set up that way in the past. Good luck, let us know how things turn out.

/ Help!, MMM Blade bolt stripped #9  
Lookin at the same diagram as 638 up there (RCK-60-BX22), there are no retainers. It should press out pretty easy (or will booger the bearings).

Have you just tried new blade bolts? Maybe you're luckier than you think :)

RDnT

Well, I took them to work today and our maintenance guy and it took him about 2 min. to take both of them apart.He put a socket over the top part and hit it about twice with a hammer and it fell out.It is all one piece.I'm going to replace the top seals while I have them apart.I went to the dealer when I got off work and ordered the parts.They should be in Wed. afternoon.I'm going to take the old ones to a friend of mine that does alot of machine work and see if he can drill the threads clean and thread some new(slightly bigger)ones just in case I screw up again. I will keep you informed on how this turns out. Thanks for all the help..
Donny