Inconsistant Power

/ Inconsistant Power #1  

Anonymous Poster

Sometimes my L2050 with 5'woods finish mower easily works on the same incline in third gear (high range) while other times it bogs down and I have to shift to second. What could cause the power to be inconsistant? I just finished mowing and did the whole thing in 3rd gear. There wasn't much difference in the grass this time as it was last time. Can outdoor temperature, humidity, or sun spots make a difference? I grease the mower every 8 hours as required.
Thanks in advance.
Jesse

/ Inconsistant Power #2  
Sometimes the grass is thicker and the blades are duller. Pretty hard for the power output to vary that much. The power output is slightly dependent on temperature and humidity, but I doubt that you can tell the difference.

/ Inconsistant Power #3  
Almost forgot about the sunspots. Will definately affect your radio and television, but not your tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Inconsistant Power #4  
Dirty fuel filters can suck up dirt on to the filter after the motor has run awhile,restricting the fuel. The dirt falls away when the motor is turn off,say for lunch, and it runs OK for awhile. Air filter can do a similar thing.

RCH

/ Inconsistant Power #5  
Do you have a crass catcher installed...maybe too obvious but if you have a oversized catcher of wet grass, that can make a difference?