L4350dt

/ L4350dt #1  

Bigk56

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota L4350
Hello, I'm new to this forum as well as being a new Kubota owner. I just purchased an 1993 L4350dt with 1900 hours on it and was hoping yall could give me some general information about the tractor. The things I know I have to fix are a leaking seal around pto cover and a leaking seal on right front wheel (lower part of four wheel drive nuckle). I'm also going to change all the fluids just so I'll know when it was done. Any tips would be great as I don't have a service manual yet.
Thanks, Ken

/ L4350dt #2  
Sometimes the service manuals are more indepth then need be. I'd make sure of having the owners manual and from there you should be safe except on the front hub leak which does require a bit more work.

/ L4350dt #3  
I would not do either without the shop manual and parts manual. As art says, the shop manuals do go into more detail than you'll probably need but they also give you step by step instructions and warnings about certain things. It will also let you know if special tools are needed. You'll probably never need half of what is in the shop manual but it might save you some trouble in the end.

I think the parts manual is necessary too since it gives better illustration of all the parts involved in any given procedure.

I bought both for my tractor recently. I may never do any serious work on it but I'm the type that likes to read the shop manual and study the parts drawings for fun.:eek:

/ L4350dt #4  
Bigk56 said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum as well as being a new Kubota owner. I just purchased an 1993 L4350dt with 1900 hours on it and was hoping yall could give me some general information about the tractor. The things I know I have to fix are a leaking seal around pto cover and a leaking seal on right front wheel (lower part of four wheel drive nuckle). I'm also going to change all the fluids just so I'll know when it was done. Any tips would be great as I don't have a service manual yet.
Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken - the L4350 is one of the models based on the Kubota L3 chassis. I have been posting here for years about these tractors - IMHO they are among the most rugged, long-serving, reliable, and trouble free machines Kubota has offered. The L3's are known for being extremely rugged - some say overbuilt. Models numbers were L3750, L4150, L4350, L4850 and L5450. At 1900 hours your L4350 should have a lot of life left. There's an owner's manual on eBay right now for $27 delivered - maybe a good place to start. Also, I've found that a parts manual useful to see how it all fits together. That one is $45. Both of these show up for less sometimes. I have the full workshop manual for the L4350 - maybe I can send you a .pdf to help with the axle seal job. The picture below is of the pto on my L5450 - is yours leaking around the shaft? or the housing?
Welcome to the LXX50 owner's group ! Take care, Dick B

Attachments

• 2spd7.jpg
    2spd7.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
   / L4350dt
Dick, I hope your right about a lot of life left being in my tractor. I sure am happy with it so far. I definitely would like any pdf files you think are applicable. I degreased the rear end of the tractor today so I could tell more about where the leak is coming from. Its not coming from around the shaft so its probably the housing. Is there anywhere to order parts online or do I have to go to a dealership?
Thanks, Ken

/ L4350dt #7  
Bigk56 said:
Dick, I hope your right about a lot of life left being in my tractor. I sure am happy with it so far. I definitely would like any pdf files you think are applicable. I degreased the rear end of the tractor today so I could tell more about where the leak is coming from. Its not coming from around the shaft so its probably the housing. Is there anywhere to order parts online or do I have to go to a dealership?
Thanks, Ken
Ken - There are some pictures of the pto gearbox in this thread that should give you an idea of what's there. The factory gasket and adhesive is very tough to remove completely. If the box comes loose easily after the bolts are out, that would indicate it's been off before - maybe the only problem is re-sealing the gearbox. Permatex silicone works fine if surfaces are clean.

On your front axle leak, there are seals and a cap at the bottom of the kingpin housing (need to take the wheel off to really inspect it). I'll try to scan some pages from my parts book and repair manual tomorrow.

Last edited:
   / L4350dt #8  
Here are a couple .pdf files - one is pages from the workshop manual - the other is a parts page. The parts page has three columns of numbers for the L4350, L4850 or L5450. Some parts are different by model. The oil leak may be due to a worn or loose bottom bearing allowing too much side play - hard to guess without seeing it up close. Keep an eye on the oil level in the front axle - it is a separate oil volume from the main reservoir - if it leaks too much the gears could run dry (big $$$). Let us know what you find. Good luck, Dick B.

Attachments

• L3 WSM front axle pages.pdf
    349.8 KB · Views: 302
  • L3 kingpin parts.pdf
    155.9 KB · Views: 200
   / L4350dt
Thankyou both Dick and Dave for the useful info. I hope to tear into the tractor this weekend. I have a pdf parts file now and hope to have a service manual soon. The trans/hydro fluid looks good however it is low. I was planning on dumping it and installing a new filter but I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I hate to dump fluid that looks this good. Anyway I have pics if I can figure out how to post.
Thanks, Ken

/ L4350dt
Drilled some holes today with the phd and figured out my rear leak. The fluid is coming out around the small shaft that goes into the top of the pto housing. This is the shaft at the top that rotates to engage the pto. Another thing I noticed is my pto works in high and low speed and stops completely in the center postion like its supposed to but, it won't stop spinning when I press the clutch pedal. If the tractor is idling it grinds going into either speed. Now you can disengage it easy enough but going the other way is rough. How is it supposed to work? By the way I decided to to off my trans fluid, it was 3 gallons low. My front axle was 1.5 quarts low.
Thanks, Ken