Mowing RCK60B Mower Blades?

/ RCK60B Mower Blades? #1  

2002-BX2200

I see that some people are paying around $30.00 for set of blades for their BX-series 60" MMM. My dealer charged me $80.00 for a set of blades. I was searching the TractorSmart.com is your online source for Kubota online parts., and noticed that they charge more money for the RCK60B blades ( part numer K5371-34340) than they charge for the RCK60-24B blades (part number K5371-34330). Are these blades interchangable?

/ RCK60B Mower Blades? #2  
I hope that price included installing them!

I can't answer your question whether the two blade part numbers you posted are interchangable but I know there are at least two different types of 60" Kubota blades. The difference is in the size of the mounting holes, while the overall length is the same. I do know that the RCK60-24B blades are for the B series 60" MMM while the RCK60 is for the BX series 60" MMM.

Last year I changed over to gatorblades and I am VERY happy with their performance and cut. Thing is, they're mounting hole is too large for the BX's 60" spindles so you have to cut down a Cat1 to Cat 2 bushing adapter which makes a perfect spacer to adapt the blades. This may be more than you want to take on but the finish cut is well worth it. I paid around $40 for the set.

I don't recall the hole size but the std BX 60" blade is around 3/4" whilst the other 60" blade (and the gators also) measure around 15/16". I may be off some as I'm going by memory but you can see that theres quite a large difference in the hole size.
Perhaps you can get whomever you are going to purchase them from to measure the mounting hole.
Good luck.

/ RCK60B Mower Blades?
I asked my dealer about gatorblades, and he said that Kubota had a nine season lock on parts for the BX (I am not sure if he is BSing me or not, but that would explain way there are no direct aftermarket replacement parts for the BX). He also said that Kubota refuses to offer this style of blade. I believe that this stance may have more to do with patent licensing than machine/operator safety as I am fairly sure that mulching blades are patented.

/ RCK60B Mower Blades? #4  
I was quoted almost $20 per blade X 3 for my RCK60B-22BX deck! Check out the "Blades for mower" thread. New York Yankees Fan posted the website for buying Gator blades to fit your deck and get 10% off your first purchase. The part number is 90-987 for my deck. You then need to buy a bushing to size them to your spindle. They say it's a Cat2-Cat1 bushing but just take the old and new blade with you to size the bushing. You buy one bushing and cut it to make three for the blades. The part number of the bushing I bought is P2004 for $0.85.

/ RCK60B Mower Blades? #5  
I have that deck and the matching mulching kit and mulching blades. Every season, I lift the deck with an elec. hoist, remove the blades, and sharpen them myself. I bolt my bench vise to my little work bench and freehand the edge with an angle grinder. (Vice, grinder, and face shield are cheap at Harbor Freight). You need to develop a bit of technique, not overheat and distemper the metal, and make sure the 2 sides balance, but if I can do it, most people can. Please don't buy new blades if the only problem is that yours have dulled. I think my blades will last a couple of decades this way, and I never pay for new blades or for a shop to sharpen them. Search the archives and you will find numerous posts on how to sharpen blades correctly.