Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #1  

joncollins

I would like to get the Kubota BT900 quick-attach backhoe for my Kubota L35. Any leads where I might find one? Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #2  
Have you called the Kubota dealer???

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35
Yes, the factory does have a few left...the L35 has been discontinued....but they are expensive and my L35 has 1900 hours on it. I'm not sure how wise it is to get a brand new backhoe on an older tractor. If the tractor goes, I don't think the BT900 fits on any other model.

Thanks.

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #4  
joncollins said:
I would like to get the Kubota BT900 quick-attach backhoe for my Kubota L35. Any leads where I might find one? Thanks!

I would check with some rental yards that rent Kubota Tractors. One BH only was sold recently in Bakersfield, Ca., but no price was given; it was at a rental yard. Maybe a Kubota Dealer can help you; new would be expensive!! Does Woods, or some other manufactuers make a suitable one for the L-35? I would check with them also. Good luck!

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #5  
joncollins said:
Yes, the factory does have a few left...the L35 has been discontinued....but they are expensive and my L35 has 1900 hours on it. I'm not sure how wise it is to get a brand new backhoe on an older tractor. If the tractor goes, I don't think the BT900 fits on any other model.

Thanks.

It industrial strength will prolong its life, and I believe it will be around for decades? If you have enough use for the BH; it would be worth the investment to me. If your tractor was well maintained; it has a long life yet, and will always be a popular tractor! Kubota did their homework on building it?!

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #6  
joncollins said:

Thanks.

Check the archieves at the top of the front page of TBN; select REVIEWS on th Kubotas, and page down to 2001, unless you have already been there? This will give you some insight by others of the popularity of the L-35, and may make your decision easier? I think its size and weight will always make it popular and durable.

Thanks...will do...back shortly

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #8  
JON: I have no idea what a new BH for your L-35 would cost; but here is something else to think about, with the cost differential of trading out for a similar one with the BH. Type in: TractorHouse.com, then select tractors under 40 HP, page down to Kubotas, and page down once more till finding the three L-35's for sale. This will give you a cost differential of adding a new hoe, or trading out for a complete package, if the new hoe is too expensive? I didn't notice if that web-site has a phone to ask for your needs or not; but maybe an e-mail to them for your needs could help you. These tractors are sold on consignment nationwide! Shippiing costs would also be a factor to consider?

Thanks Machmeter62, it is helpful to have actual prices to compare. Being on the west coast (most of the machines I have seen listed are on the east coast for some reason), transportation would add a large chunk to the calculation.

/ Wanted BT900 Backhoe for Kubota L35 #10  
joncollins said:
Thanks Machmeter62, it is helpful to have actual prices to compare. Being on the west coast (most of the machines I have seen listed are on the east coast for some reason), transportation would add a large chunk to the calculation.

JON: There is an upside to buying used out of state; the sales tax savings on and $18,500 tractor would almost pay the shipping charges... a recent member here purchased a L-35 near Columbus, Ohio and had it shipped to the Sierra Foot Hills, and the total cost was $1800. The sales tax of 7.75% on $18,500=$1434? A net additional expense of $366; if you could sell your tractor for your cost plus the taxes? Once again, the cost differential will be determined on the cost of a new or used hoe? I am no salesman, but I always sharpen my pencil for all the options, to avoid that "BUYERS REMORSE" issue? Followed often by that quote, "I told you so!" If you do decide to go that route, make certain that the three-point arms are included; because an after market purchase thru Kubota will be pricey also!!