3-Point Hitch 3-point Hitch BX Series Kubota

/ 3-point Hitch BX Series Kubota #1  

Anonymous Poster

To all BX owners,
I have been pursuing with Kubota a heavy duty alternator option for my BX2200 because I went with all the accessories on the Curtis Cab. Dave Gage at my local dealer Chappel Tractor in Milford NH (the BEST Kubota Dealer in the USA) referred me to the Kubota New England area sales manager. So I was talking about this to him plus the pro's and con's of the BX series. I told him that I initially felt the I had not had a problem fitting implements on the 3 point hitch. But, after I had had it a few more weeks I had come to the conclusion that the links were too short and made it difficult to get implements on and off. I had purchased a Landpride Quick Hitch and installed it only to find that it needed modifications to get it to fit. I told him the first time I raised the hitch fully it bent the upper control rod. He said, "Kubota is working on a field replacement kit of parts that will fix this problem, it will change the geometry of the hitch links". Kinda like a recall.

Any way there will be a fix for this problem. Oh and the new heavy duty alternator kit will cost $165, the part no. is BX7300 and will be available in 60 days.

-kj-

/ 3-point Hitch BX Series Kubota
Thanks much for the post, I thought I was the only one that felt to EASILY attach implements you also had to purchase an L35 so you could hold the implements up with the backhoe and move them around to get them on!

Still after some hours of use the balls and sockets are still so tight it also makes it difficult but even lubing them it is still not anywhere near as easy as a "normal" three point and looking at the bends in the arms it looks possible that it could be rectified.

And you have a CAB! You scoundrel, making us all feel leftout (in the cold that is) or are you going to fit an AC unit? My temps pretty moderate but the pollen in June is a killer. Am thinking of buying diving equipment, at least I'd have fresh air!

/ 3-point Hitch BX Series Kubota
Actually Del, I have not received the Cab yet as Curtis is just starting production on it. Where I live in southern NH the AC really is not required. Although, in the mood I was in when I bought this tractor I probably would have opted for it if it was available. As it is, I bought the heater, a rear view mirror, a defroster/cooling fan, the switch panel fuse kit, 2 front lights and a rear working light. The Curtis salesman says it is one of the best cabs they have designed.
Here where I am we get a lot of snow changing to rain at the end of the storm which means you have to go out in the freezing rain to do your plowing. I am really looking forward to this winter with the heater and all. I opted for the soft sides and the hard rear panel. They wanted $1,100 for the hard sides. I'm thinking that I want the light weight side doors that I can pop off in the summer, four bolts on the rear window and I'll have a lot of natural air flow.
Any way, we'll see how it all works out.
-kj-