Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800

/ Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800 #1  

flakrat

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 HST
Howdy,
I have a Kubota L2800 HST with a frontend loader.

I just got my L2800 back from the 50 hour service, during the service I had the following two important upgrades (?):
1) Installed the feathering valve for the 3 point hitch
2) Installed rear hydrolics

I've had it back for several weeks now and I have used the following rear implements on the back end:
1) Round bail hay spear
2) Rotary cutter
3) Auger

I haven't used the rear hydrolics yet.

I have noticed that whatever I have connected to the 3ph doesn't lift nearly as high as they did prior to me taking it in for service. The auger can't even get the tip off the ground, and the rotar cutter is only able to lift few inches off the ground, before service I could get it easily over a foot off the ground.

The hydrolic / transmission fluid level in the sight glass under the seat is half full when the tractor has been off over night.

With or without attachments, the when the 3ph is raised to its max, it is 19.75 " off the ground at the attachement end.

Any ideas what might be causing the poor lifting height? Could it be the feather valve? Or, maybe they didn't add more hydrolic fluid to compensate for the new rear hydrolic lines?

/ Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800
Could it be as simple as this?

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...pt-lift-shudder-fixed.html?highlight=3ph+lift

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjusting Hieght

1. Remove implements from 3ph
2. Park tractor on level ground, set brakes, lower 3ph down, and turn engine off.
3. Lift 3ph up by hand as far as it will go and draw a reference mark on lift cover and lift arms. The mark should be made right where the arms come out of the lift cover.
4. Start tractor and raise 3ph up using control vavle. Check distance between this hieght and the hieght in step 3. Your max hieght should be about 3/16" -1/4" below the mark in step 3. If it is any higher the control vavle may not shut off and open the relief valve.
5. If arms raise to high or low, adjust feed back rod. This is the rod connected to the left lift arm. Make it longer to raise and shorter to lower max hieght. FOR SAFETY make sure to adjust it with the engine off. I had to adjust the rod almost as long as it would go on the 2 I have done.

Basically you are trying to get the feed back rod to shut the control vavle off just before the cylinder gets to the end of its stroke.

Yup, that was it, thanks for the straight forward instructions.

/ Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800 #4  
Well it looks like you did a fine job of fixing it yourself:)

/ Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800 #5  
flakrat said:
I just got my L2800 back from the 50 hour service, during the service I had the following two important upgrades (?):
1) Installed the feathering valve for the 3 point hitch

I've been trying to get this done to my tractor and been getting the run around... Did your dealer just do it??

/ Poor Lifting Height After Service L2800 #6  
I know mine did without any problems, They have it in their computer system.

My dealer did it without ay questios, although they claimed they hadn't had any complaints about the original valve. I can't imagine anyone having that valve and not atleast calling and asking "Is it supposed to jerk like that?"

The new valve is great (especially with the proper relief valve adjustment :)