"M" Series creeper option

/ "M" Series creeper option #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
I was looking at the "M" series literature and saw the creeper option for the F8/R8 transmission and wondered how many "M" owners had this option and if not, why not?

/ "M" Series creeper option #2  
M5700 is 6 years old now. Was told at time I bought that the creeper gear is dealer installed. This means splitting the tractor to install. Did not want to go to expense nor split a new tractor. Don't know if you can factory order it now or not??

/ "M" Series creeper option
I think it is only a factory option on the 8540 and 9540. Agree with you about splitting a new tractor.

Have you regretted not having a 12x12 or 16x16? Especially in the area of tilling or using a box blade.

/ "M" Series creeper option #4  
It's actually a factory option on all the new M__40 series tractors. I don't think it is a complicated in depth install any longer. I believe it is fairly easy to do post-production now. My dealer said that almost no one gets it installed. It is EXTREMELY SLOW. They don't call it "creep" for nothin'. I asked him about having it for backing up and attaching implements but he said it would not be that useful for that. He said it is really mainly indicated for very slow spraying and similar activities. I know when I'm in Low-1 it sometimes seems painfully slow. I couldn't imagine Creep-1!!:eek:

/ "M" Series creeper option #5  
I have and very often use my creep gearing on my M9000. I clean my poultry barns with a machine that tills the bedding and then sifts it. This requires slow speeds. Actually I wish it was hydrostatics so I could increase and decrease the tractor speed faster without using the clutch. So it does come in handy for specific uses. I imagine it would be helpful for tilling and of course during hookups.

If you are curious about this clean out machine go to Lewis Brothers - Homepage and watch the promo video.

Eric

/ "M" Series creeper option #6  
Hi Froggy,

I had the creeper gearing installed when I bought my M4900 for the tilling advantage. The manual cautioned me about not using it for much more than a tiller but I have found it useful for a few other things but I can’t tell you what without irking the safety police. Let’s just say that I can walk beside and unload a trailer faster than it can roll in any of the creep gears.

I don't use it much at all but find it comforting knowing that I can if the need arises. I have used it with my box blade but my patience isn’t what it used to be so I shifted up to get the job done.

Jeff

/ "M" Series creeper option
Thanks for the inputs.

Doyle

/ "M" Series creeper option #8  
Glowplug said:
I know when I'm in Low-1 it sometimes seems painfully slow. I couldn't imagine Creep-1!!:eek:

Ditto

/ "M" Series creeper option #9  
My Kubota tech told me the creeper gear set is weak and not to be used for anything other that seeders, Etc. That means no stump pulling Etc.

/ "M" Series creeper option #10  
I do not have the M series but the L Series. The creeper gear is great when pulling the transplanter. I do not think that the two people in back could keep up in one of the higher gears.