Adjusting 3pt height

/ Adjusting 3pt height #1  

rickmacheske

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
Does anyone know how to adjust the lift height of the 3pt on a L3400? When I raise my 3pt it does not move until I reach between the 3 and 4 mark on the stick. It continues to raise way after the max (8). There has to be an adjustment somewhere.
Thanks,
Rick

/ Adjusting 3pt height #2  
My 2910 does the same thing, going to ask about it next time I go by the dealer. Don't recall it happening before but I noticed it after reading this post.

Dave

/ Adjusting 3pt height #3  
I don't your machine specifically, but try looking under the fender below the stick. If it is anything like the BX series (your machine is much bigger:) ), the lever connects to linkage that can be adjusted.

/ Adjusting 3pt height #4  
Finally got around to looking at this. My 2910 wouldn't raise the 3 point until the control hit between 3 and 4 and would keep raising it beyond 8. There is a threaded rod with lock nuts on either side of a connecting lever (follow the 3 point lever down to the HST case adjacent to the rear wheel). If you adjust the locknuts down towards the end of the threaded rod it will begin lifting your 3 point sooner. I moved mine as far towards the end of the rod as I thought prudent (left two threads protruding) and my 3 point now begins to lift around 1 1/2 and stops lifting at around 8.

Doesn't seem right, I think that lifting operation should occur with the locknuts set on the middle of the rod.

Dave

/ Adjusting 3pt height #5  
You got it right.

On both my YM1500 and B3030 there is a threaded rod and two jamnuts on the lifting mechanism. It takes a 13mm open end wrench and a bit of contortions to get to it. On the B3030 it's located on the right hand side.

/ Adjusting 3pt height #6  
Geez, yours starts moving at 3 or 4? You're lucky. Mine starts at like 4 or 5 :)
j

/ Adjusting 3pt height
I ended up removing the stop that the lever hit. Works great now as long as I don't care about the numbers. This thing really does go to 11.......

/ Adjusting 3pt height #8  
The correct way to set the hitch height on a small Kubota tractor (B/L) is to grab the lower arms and lift them manually (engine dead) to their max height. You will feel it hit a stop inside. Take a piece of chalk or magic marker and mark one arm and the top cover at the same point - this is indicated max lift height.

Now start the engine and pull the position control lever until the hitch is as high as it will go. You do not want it to get to where the marks you just made line up.

There is an external followup rod on one end of the rocksahft that has lock nuts (12 mm) to allow the linakage to be extended or shortened. Extend the rod to increase lift height/ shorten it to lessen lift height. Do not extend it to the max (where the marks line up) as you will be blowing the system relief. You will heat the system and also you can loose power to any hydraulic application.

Also don't run it with the adjuster off (as the previous poster suggested) as you will be holding the system on relief and the tractor will get warm and so will you.

Now you know..

/ Adjusting 3pt height #9  
Would this be the same way to adjust the lift on an L series Kubota? I have a friend with a 30 something hp L kubota ( not sure what model) and he complains it barely raises a shredder high enough to drive onto a very low trailer. I know something can be done to fix this.
Jack

/ Adjusting 3pt height #10  
It is designed that way. The reason is because a plow will be below ground level.