Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #101  
xxxsandman said:
So if you can't have more then one piece of machinery, choose the one that will do the most jobs YOU have to do the best.

Nicely worded. Hope you get many useful hours out of your investment.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #102  
plowrup said:
tlbuser,

You are correct (from your point of view)-a one man show cannot run two machines-but could you do more jobs (in a shorter time) with two machines (and Operators) instead of one? I am referring to a Landscaping Contractor trying to make a living doing this (more than half my business is Contractors).

Good for you. I make a living using my equipment (contractor). No idustry stats here, just hands-on experience. Sales guys like to pump up the hype on how great anything they're selling is. Too bad those same guys can't do squat when someone finds out the hard way they bought the wrong stuff (or broke down, or.......)

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #103  
xxxsandman said:
Clearly Builder, you are happy with your full size Case. I've read you brag about it in many threads, many times. It sounds like a nice machine and MORE important it sounds like the RIGHT machine for YOU.

But not everyone is YOU and has YOUR needs. My point is just that, just because a full size Case backhoe is best for Builder doesn't mean it's best for you. Just because I feel a L48 is best for me, doesn't mean it's best for you.

They all have their advantages. That nice Air conditioned cab on Builders machine would be really nice, but I bet the trees I was working in this last weekend would have made it an open cab without glass REAL quick. It was tight, even on my smaller L48 open cab.

Builder, nothing personal, your machine looks awesome, I wish I had it and my L48, but can't afford both, barely can afford just one.

Very well put. I don't think that it's bragging that I'm doing. I think I'm doing the same thing you did in your last post here, which is more "informing" than bragging:

"Now that I've had seat time on both, I must say I REALLY like the L48. I've already found several jobs around my place that I can do with it, that the full size can't do! It's not because the L48 is stronger, it's just smaller and more agile, it can get into positions that a full size can't. Wiggle through tight trees to dig out an area in a pond, etc. The L48 barely clears my barn stalls and can clean my barn out. The L48 leaves less foot print in my yard then the full size because it doesn't weigh as much, but it is heavy!

Yesterday, I decided to take the backhoe off it, so I could clean the barn "hoe doesn't clear doors". WOW was it easy. I never guessed it would be so easy to take off. You pull 2 pins and move a couple levers and the hydraulics does the rest. Took me 3 mins or so. Next time it'll be faster, since I know what to expect. I hope putting it back on is as easy!

I find the loader and hoe plenty strong for every task I've done so far. They don't have the strength or capacity of a full size backhoe, but they are way stronger then simliar size compact/utility tractors!

I think it's great you can "inform" us about your new L-48! I actually feel happy, not jealous, towards you guys and the who find the right machine for them!!

However, I will stand by my statement that a full size TLB will do more things than a small TLB. I've had too much seat time on both to not know that's the truth. ;)

Hope you can accept my opinion as informed one and not let things get anywhere beyond that!

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #104  
Builder said:
However, I will stand by my statement that a full size TLB will do more things than a small TLB. I've had too much seat time on both to not know that's the truth. ;)

That statement is absolutely correct...:D

It's just most of us don't have those projects that need the BIG DAWG...:D

Anytime you want to come North for leaf peeping...just bring the BIG DAWG, and I'll come up with some projects for it...:D