Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #11  
unless deere made a major change, the underneath of the 110 is wide open and prone to catching hydraulic lines. The 110 deere is a little smaller than the 48 and so is yanmars new one. The foot shortage on the hoe shouldn't be that big a deal.. I have a 48 and wouldn't think of any other..

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #12  
xxxsandman said:
Builder said:
I'd bag both and get one of these Ingersoll rand machines...BL-570:INGERSOLL-RAND BL570 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com
QUOTE]

I like to looks of the IR BL570 and honestly wasn't aware it existed until now. I went to Ingersoll's website and couldn't find any info on it. Did some more searching and it seems it's been discontinued, they only made it for a couple years. In fact some rumors say that part of IR was sold off, but I couldn't find any hard facts.

That's too bad, that's one mean looking machine!!! The few I found for sale in the used market wasn't priced too bad, in the mid $20's with less then 1k hours. I just worry parts will be a hard to come by item in the future, with such a limited production run and no longer being made.

I will look at the Yanmar machine, I haven't looked at it yet, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any local dealers.

I actually called IR and they said not to worry about parts or service. Whoever buys the equipment line will service & provide parts for them in the fuure.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..
machmeter62 said:
Since you limited your choice to two; I would buy the Kubota without looking back!

Well my choices are NOT just limited to those 2, I just thought I mentioned the only 2 in that class. But already I've benn told of 2 other machines I wasn't aware of, the Yanmar and Ingersoll-Rand. So if you or anyone knows of any other machine with similiar capabilities of these, that weigh less then 10k, please tell us all about it and what you think of it.

Thanks!
James

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #14  
IR BL570 doesn't seem to get any support on the IR web site. When was it discontinued?

jmf

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #16  
xxxsandman said:
Well my choices are NOT just limited to those 2, I just thought I mentioned the only 2 in that class. But already I've benn told of 2 other machines I wasn't aware of, the Yanmar and Ingersoll-Rand. So if you or anyone knows of any other machine with similiar capabilities of these, that weigh less then 10k, please tell us all about it and what you think of it.

Thanks!
James

JCB also makes a series of smaller TBL's that have 4 small/medium size tires with 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer and a backhoe that slides across a track on the rear of a machine. Looks great for footings or trenching pipe.

Like this one:
1994 JCB 210S For Sale at MachineryTrader.com

Forget the L-48 or 110. Trust me, if you're doing anything serious, you'll want the extra dig depth and loader capability & horsepower.

Plus having a cab is so much nicer. Might weigh more than 10K. Look up on JCB's website.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #17  
I own an IR bl370 it weighs 9,300 lbs it has a cab with heater, two glass doors and a rear window that slides open. It is OK it the summer and great in the winter. The digging capacity is 11 feet and it is rated to lift 3100 lbs. it is all wheel steer you can adjust the wheels to creep sideways at about a 45 degree angle to get up next to a building. It has more power that the JD or Kubota it is more maneuverable. It has bobtac front end and Xchange backhoe. It will run a breaker ripper bucket and hydraulic post hole digger off the back end. I welded a thumb to my backhoe the hydraulics are already there. This is an industrial machine I think they are very well built and nothing can touch them in their class. If you went to skid steer solutions you could buy a hydraulic pto adaptor for the front end to run three point attachments, even the cheap Chinese chipper. The only flaw I see with the machine is it was discontinued, and it is kind of heavy to tow with a pickup. David

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #18  
I'd buy a clean used JCB 210 or Bobcat/IR machine before a 110 or L-48, UNLESS there was an agricutural component that needed to be run. If it's just for construction, go with a JCB or Bobcat/IR. A guy down the street from me has a contractor installing underground stormwater management pipe all over his yard, probably 1,000 ft of trench and he's using a JCB210. The thing is perfect in yards.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #19  
xxxsandman said:

Thanks!
James

Is the 10,000# factor because of the CDL requirement; which also includes the trailer weight?? I believe the L48 still keeps you barely legal there? Not sure about the other choices.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #20  
LarryRB said:
unless deere made a major change, the underneath of the 110 is wide open and prone to catching hydraulic lines. The 110 deere is a little smaller than the 48 and so is yanmars new one. The foot shortage on the hoe shouldn't be that big a deal.. I have a 48 and wouldn't think of any other..

LARRY: I understand a "belly kit" is available for the JD 110, but adds to the bottom line also?