Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..
machmeter62 said:
Is the 10,000# factor because of the CDL requirement; which also includes the trailer weight?? I believe the L48 still keeps you barely legal there? Not sure about the other choices.

NO, I'm Farm Tagged, so not worried about that. I probably won't move it much once on my place, BUT I may take it to some other property we have occasionally. I can haul a 14K load with the trailer I have, but I don't like it. If I wanted to go above 10k, it seems I might as well get a full size entry level used backhoe from Case, Deere, Cat, etc..

I have bigger tractors to handle the 3 Point and PTO end of ag things. However they aren't very handy with a box blade and don't have loaders on them. One thing that this machine will get to do for sure is move hay bales, so it needs a quick attach FEL bucket so I can put pallet forks or a speer on it.

It's so hard to find a machine that "does it all". That's why I've been using a skid steer and regular tractor combination. They both do good at what they do. However the skid steer tears the ground up wherever it's working and is pretty slow getting from point A to B. I just recently sold it, so I need to replace it's FEL duties with something else soon.

The attraction I had to the TBL was they are built tough for their size, they have backhoe which would be handy to have at times and their FEL speced out good for their size. I'm also considering a mid HP tractor with FEL to replace EVERYTHING. I took the day off and test drove some tractors yesterday. No one had a L48 to try. I like the Mahindra 7520 4wd, Kubota M7040, and Kioti DK65S open station models out of everything I looked at.

Appreciate all the input!

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #22  
i ave to agree with builder on this one. if you are looking for a strictly tlb that can run some skid steer attachments go with the IR/Bobcat. neither the 48 or 110 are in the same league. as far as parts nothing to worry about. they have rexroth valves for the hydraulics, kubota diesel, and antonio carrero axles. all these manufacturers should be around for a while. if you are still nervous definitly check out the new JCB's they have a model that seems to be the same machine as the bobcat tlb's. i think it is around 58 HP. also available with a cab.
good luck with your search,

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #23  
I would be carefull with the IR/Bobcat yes whoever takes them over may or may not support them I know our dealership had AllisChalmbers bought out by Fiat not bad then New Holland not so good they seem to not care about the AllisChalmbers Fiat-Allis line and it has been a real problem!! for us luckly a lot of the people here are like myself have over 30 years with the dealer so we know the equipment

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #24  
that is what is noce about the ir/bobcat tlb's. these are modern times and in a few minutes you can find whatever part is needed and have it shipped. the tlb's have parts that are made by many manufacturers that are still producing parts no matter what bobcat does. ex. antonio carrero is still building axles, rexroth still building hydraulic control valves, kubota i believe is doing o k as well. mine will not see a bobcat dealer for repairs. but i have a mechanic already lined up thatwill work on what i can't fix. also the jcb dealer has said they would be happy to look at it if needed. jcb is now making a tlb very similar. i'm not to concerned. the biggest drag for me is no loaner if it goes down for repairs. but that still doesn't override the savings in purchase price. i have entertained the idea of trading for a 110 or L48. moreso the 110. the main reason was to have the 3 point hitch when needed. if JD comes out with a more powerful 110 (around 55hp) with factory cab and AC/heat i will be all over it.
good luck,

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #25  
sandman,

If you can't go with a full size hoe, just get a JCB210, or if you can get a steal on a IR B570 get one of those.

I'm telling ya, don't make the mistake I made. I tried a smaller open ROPS machines and the heat, cold, dust, bugs, rain, wind, etc. just suck.

You'll love the cab. I had a Ford 555 4x4 Exhoe for 10 years from '91-'00 and loved the cab, then I musta taken some drug that made me lose my senses for a couple years and bought an L-35 then an L-39. BIG mistakes that cost me more money. The hoes on those machines have decent strength, but no reach or depth of dig. They have no side-swing power.

Now I'm back in a full size CASE and couldn't be happier. Don't be intimidated by the size. The CASE seems small after about 2-3 hours of use. I use all 95HP and all the extendahoe and all the lift capacity, nothing wasted.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #26  
Builder said:
sandman,

If you can't go with a full size hoe, just get a JCB210, or if you can get a steal on a IR B570 get one of those.

I'm telling ya, don't make the mistake I made. I tried a smaller open ROPS machines and the heat, cold, dust, bugs, rain, wind, etc. just suck.

You'll love the cab. I had a Ford 555 4x4 Exhoe for 10 years from '91-'00 and loved the cab, then I musta taken some drug that made me lose my senses for a couple years and bought an L-35 then an L-39. BIG mistakes that cost me more money. The hoes on those machines have decent strength, but no reach or depth of dig. They have no side-swing power.

Now I'm back in a full size CASE and couldn't be happier. Don't be intimidated by the size. The CASE seems small after about 2-3 hours of use. I use all 95HP and all the extendahoe and all the lift capacity, nothing wasted.

As a L39 owner who has beefed (8100Lbs) and maxed out this little landscaper, I have to agree it is no earthmover. It may be almost double a similar hp farm tractor, but it strggles to move a lot of material. I just bought a 18000 lb excavator and I could have gone with a CAT312 size machine (+13 US tons)

Builder, All things considered the L39 has decent swing torque. Excvators in general are very weak in this area. I have gotten vey used to the reach of the track excvator however. Once the valving in the right drive is straightened out, it is also a reasonable bulldozer, even better than the CASE 580.

If I had to do it again, I 'd get both a 40-50 HP Ag tractor and the IR570 and only spent maybe +10,000 dollars than I did for the L39. The IR570 loader specs are 85% of a Case 580 and more than double the L39!

If I could have a full size TLB, I think a new Deere 310 would be neat$$$$$.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #27  
mike69440 said:
As a L39 owner who has beefed (8100Lbs) and maxed out this little landscaper, I have to agree it is no earthmover. It may be almost double a similar hp farm tractor, but it strggles to move a lot of material. I just bought a 18000 lb excavator and I could have gone with a CAT312 size machine (+13 US tons)

Builder, All things considered the L39 has decent swing torque. Excvators in general are very weak in this area. I have gotten vey used to the reach of the track excvator however. Once the valving in the right drive is straightened out, it is also a reasonable bulldozer, even better than the CASE 580.

If I had to do it again, I 'd get both a 40-50 HP Ag tractor and the IR570 and only spent maybe +10,000 dollars than I did for the L39. The IR570 loader specs are 85% of a Case 580 and more than double the L39!

If I could have a full size TLB, I think a new Deere 310 would be neat$$$$$.

Hold on, let me get this straight.....you're telling me an L-39 is a better "bulldozer" than a Case 580?

Aren't you and I the ones that had the Yanmar/L-39 discussion ? ;)

Please.......my Case 580 could push my L-39 into a pile of dirt, and lift/dump it into my dumptuck. There's no comparison. I just "bulldozed" 4" thick heavy clay mud off the back of my jobsite in 1 hour. it would have taken all day in my L-39. I've owned both, so I think I have some experience here. My real world observation is an L-39 is a toy compared to a Case 580. 39HP vs. 95HP need I say more....

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #28  
The L48 is much more tractor for less price, plus the JD 110 is realistically a Yanmar with JD marketing. L48 all the way.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #29  
curtisfarmer said:
The L48 is much more tractor for less price, plus the JD 110 is realistically a Yanmar with JD marketing. L48 all the way.

For once, there's something I can agree on with you. IMO, the L-48 is just as good, if not better than the 110. The 110 has some neat features, like the creep feature and the loader joystick, otherwise the L-48 is better and cheaper. Lots of clean, used L-48's floating around, too.

If you're gonna buy the 110, you might as well buy the Yanmar and as curishfarmer said, save the John Deere "fluff" you'll pay extra money for.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #30  
Builder said:
Hold on, let me get this straight.....you're telling me an L-39 is a better "bulldozer" than a Case 580?

Aren't you and I the ones that had the Yanmar/L-39 discussion ? ;)

Please.......my Case 580 could push my L-39 into a pile of dirt, and lift/dump it into my dumptuck. There's no comparison. I just "bulldozed" 4" thick heavy clay mud off the back of my jobsite in 1 hour. it would have taken all day in my L-39. I've owned both, so I think I have some experience here. My real world observation is an L-39 is a toy compared to a Case 580. 39HP vs. 95HP need I say more....

I think Mike was referring to his 9 ton excavator. Correct me if I'm wrong.