Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #1  

xxxsandman

Silver Member
I sold my New Holland LX865 skid steer and would like to replace it with a loader with similiar capacity. I like the skid steer very much, but it tears the ground up everywhere I go, so I was thinking about a wheel loader or tractor of some kind. In my quest to find a new loader, I started looking at the compact backhoes offered by Deere and Kubota. Specifically the Kubota L48 and Deere 110. Having a hoe on the back would sure be handy sometimes too!

Which one is better and Why?

Not trying to start a war, but the prices are similiar, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want to pick the best one. The Kubota seems to be a couple thousand less in most used equipment ads I've looked at. Not sure about new yet.

Also what's a common problem to look for in either on the used market?

I'm sure they are both fine machines, but would like to hear the good and bad on both of them before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for you input!

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #2  
I don't own either, but have run both. I like the speed and ease of removing the backhoe on the 110 Deere and switching to the 3-point hitch. Plus, I prefer the polish / fit & finish of Deere's machine.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #3  
I'd bag both and get one of these Ingersoll rand machines...BL-570:INGERSOLL-RAND BL570 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com

It'll eat an L-48 or JD110 for lunch. There's some clean used ones floating around. Some even have cabs on them.

I owned a full size Ford backhoe then bought an L-39-big mistake for me, too small. Now i'm back to a full size, but the IR TLB was a consideration at one point.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #4  
Great question, I myself am trying to decide between a Deere 110 TLB or a Yanmar CBL40. I haven't looked at the Kubota's yet. From what I've heard the 110 and CBL are basically the same machine. The Deere has the Yanmar engine with more electronics and a flip seat. The CBL is designed more like a backhoe, with a swivel seat and more mechanical controls. I would also appreciate any info. I had planned to pick up a new 110 shortly, but considering the $ involved I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #5  
jwm561 said:
Great question, I myself am trying to decide between a Deere 110 TLB or a Yanmar CBL40. I haven't looked at the Kubota's yet. From what I've heard the 110 and CBL are basically the same machine. The Deere has the Yanmar engine with more electronics and a flip seat. The CBL is designed more like a backhoe, with a swivel seat and more mechanical controls. I would also appreciate any info. I had planned to pick up a new 110 shortly, but considering the $ involved I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

The Yanmar is probably cheaper and had some pretty stout hydraulics, but from what I remember, the PTO HP was kinda low.

You can probably assume Yanmar makes a lot more than the diesel engine in the JD110.

I'd still look at the IR machines over any of them. The IR machines have standard hydraulic outlets & quick attach front & rear so you can run dozens of different attachments without having to add expensive upgrades to the other TLB's.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #6  
Any idea if if the IR has rear pto and 3 point hitch capability? I'm trading in a New Holland TC45D with loader and backhoe, it just doesn't have the hydraulic power I need when digging. Unfortunately, I have multiple attachments for it, including a trencher, which we use often, and multiple mowers, post pounder, etc.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #7  
jwm561 said:
Any idea if if the IR has rear pto and 3 point hitch capability? I'm trading in a New Holland TC45D with loader and backhoe, it just doesn't have the hydraulic power I need when digging. Unfortunately, I have multiple attachments for it, including a trencher, which we use often, and multiple mowers, post pounder, etc.

I'd doubt it, but I'm not sure. I think the azz end is dedicated to backhoe, but the backhoe bucket could be removed for a hammer, tamper, etc.

There's more attachments for a backhoe dipperstick than you'd believe.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #8  
the kubota will out dig and lift the jd also the underside of the kubota is a lot better protected as far as removing the backhoe my L48 will come off in a min or 2 a friend of mine has a jd110 and it takes longer than that

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts..
Builder said:
I'd bag both and get one of these Ingersoll rand machines...BL-570:INGERSOLL-RAND BL570 For Sale at MachineryTrader.com
QUOTE]

I like to looks of the IR BL570 and honestly wasn't aware it existed until now. I went to Ingersoll's website and couldn't find any info on it. Did some more searching and it seems it's been discontinued, they only made it for a couple years. In fact some rumors say that part of IR was sold off, but I couldn't find any hard facts.

That's too bad, that's one mean looking machine!!! The few I found for sale in the used market wasn't priced too bad, in the mid $20's with less then 1k hours. I just worry parts will be a hard to come by item in the future, with such a limited production run and no longer being made.

I will look at the Yanmar machine, I haven't looked at it yet, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any local dealers.

/ Kubota L48 or Deere 110? Your thoughts.. #10  
xxxsandman said:
I sold my New Holland LX865 skid steer and would like to replace it with a loader with similiar capacity. I like the skid steer very much, but it tears the ground up everywhere I go, so I was thinking about a wheel loader or tractor of some kind. In my quest to find a new loader, I started looking at the compact backhoes offered by Deere and Kubota. Specifically the Kubota L48 and Deere 110. Having a hoe on the back would sure be handy sometimes too!

Which one is better and Why?

Not trying to start a war, but the prices are similiar, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want to pick the best one. The Kubota seems to be a couple thousand less in most used equipment ads I've looked at. Not sure about new yet.

Also what's a common problem to look for in either on the used market?

I'm sure they are both fine machines, but would like to hear the good and bad on both of them before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for you input!
Since you limited your choice to two; I would buy the Kubota without looking back!