Who makes Fecon...

/ Who makes Fecon... #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Machines. I believe Fecon manufactures its heads but what about the rest of their line up. I believe Rayco manufactures the FTX-90, FTX-100 and FTX-140 so who makes all their other products? I have head Geoboy, AHWI etc.

Just want to know who the real manufacturers are of Fecon products.

Bob

/ Who makes Fecon...
Oh yeah, I knew Ryans made the grapple.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Who makes Fecon... #4  
Your right that rayco makes the 90,100,140 and geo boy makes the 250. Now for the new 325-350 and the 440 I have no idea. I've looked around alot about mulchers and have never seen any other tracked carrier similar. That is a very good question.

/ Who makes Fecon... #5  
So who makes the FTX-148L for Fecon? Rayco maybe?

/ Who makes Fecon... #6  
Camoplast makes the FTX-148L for Fecon, don't blame that abortion on Rayco! They are out of Ontario.

/ Who makes Fecon... #8  
Versatrac industries make some of their carriers:
www.versatracind.com

Very nice guys, fun to be with... Even though they also represent Fecon here in Quebec :D

FD

/ Who makes Fecon... #9  
Iron Horse said:
A Fecon head is a rebadged Ahwi if that helps .

Iron Horse... I don't think that what you said is accurate.

I just took a look at the Ahwi website and the only mulching heads that they have are PTO driven heads, no hydraulic heads. If it is Ahwi that makes the Fecon heads, then why do they not list the hydraulic heads?

It's been my understanding for the last several years that the mulching heads are the only thing that Fecon actually makes themselves. Everything else is made by other companies and Fecon brands it as their own. The Fecon website even states that their mulching heads are 'Proudly made in the United States'. While on the other hand Ahwi is a German company and their website states that their heads are 'Proudly made in Germany'. Just because the two different brands of heads are painted Red doesn't mean that they are made by the same company.

Although it does mention on the Fecon website something about a 'Ahwi patent'. So maybe Fecon does have a license to manufacture their heads using some Ahwi designs, kind of like GyroTrac has done with Cimaf.

AHWI Maschinenbau GmbH - Company profile