Looking over a Rayco 87L

/ Looking over a Rayco 87L #1  

john_bud

Hi,

There is a Rayco 87L with rayco mulcher on it ('04) for sale relatively close. What are the items to look for and look out for when checking one over? I don't have much exp with tracked equipment, is there a wear guide for that one somewhere or does someone have measurements? (Steel tracks)

Also, what is the going rate for one of that vinatage?

Thanks,
jb

/ Looking over a Rayco 87L #2  
How many hours does it have on it? Are the single grousers or triple? See how tight or loose the tracks are. If they were running tight then they are probably worn, if loose they may be worn as well. Is it in good shape otherwise? Without taking the tracks off, it would be hard to tell how many hours they had left in them.

/ Looking over a Rayco 87L #3  
another thing to look for in that vintage is whether or not it has A/C and pressurization. I think it was about that time they began to switch over to all pressurized and A/C.

what are you going to use it for? If your mulching, I would also check the cooling system...I think that is also about the time they started adding aux. oil coolers in back and above the cab...some of the deutz engines get a little hot...

check machinerytrader.com for comparison pricing...

-TMTS

/ Looking over a Rayco 87L #4  
If it does not have the Yanmar engine run for your life. the Duetz enginesdo not hold up. If t has less than 5000 hours your runing gear should be in fine shape. check the pins and bushings. Just use your common sense if it don't look right it usually isn't.

/ Looking over a Rayco 87L #5  
I agree with cb, make sure it has the top cooling and a Yanmar engine.