Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member

Default Re: Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head

Quote Originally Posted by deniscimafinc

I'm happy you like the performances. That 2-1 ratio is reported more often than seldom, although we prefer to stay conservative in our sales pitch and say you'll gain 50% over carbide-hammer machine. Of course, if you end up with customers who wants you to till their lot, you will see faster wear on our blades, and so you might want to do that with your Fecon. But for ground-level and above operations, the cutting knives are hard to beat.
    I mostly grind brush piles and do some standing trees in rocky terrain. How will these mowers hold up for this type of work? The brush piles have everything from hard oak to stumps. I use CAT (FAE built) mulcher right now on a CAT machine.

A GyroTrac head will work well on that pile. You'll be amazed at the difference in production that using a planar tooth makes. Think of it this way - when you go to cut a tree, do you use the dull blunt edge of an ax, or do you use the sharp edge? A carbide block cutter is like using the dull side of an ax. You'll be amazed at the production difference and at how much easier that type of head is on your Cat.

Platinum Member

Hey Yellowdog. I do alot of demo's with the Cat dealership here and I can outperform the Cat head by a mile. The speed at which we can mulch the material and the finished product will amaze you. We can mulch slash piles just fine, as far as rocks with our speed it will usaully kick them out of the way. If it dings the blade that will be fixed at the end of the day with normal sharpening. Then it will cut the exact same the next day.
    Another big plus is our 73" wide cut. We are cutting the track width of the tractor. No more damaged tracks. Plus the extra cut every path you cut over the carbides.
    The cost breakdown per hour is almost identical to carbides but with our sharpenable blades you get the same cut everyday. With carbides the cut will deteriorate daily until they leave sprigs evrywhere.
    Robbie Hegwood
    404-379-5897

Gold Member WestshoreConstruction's Avatar

Please make sure you clean your rad often. I'm sure Gilles and Robbie told you that already. And just to be safe, I'd like to see the temperature in the motor compartment monitored for a few days. Sometimes, the hydraulic systems are able to push a lot of hydraulic horsepower as advertised, but the cooler can't keep up if doing so on a steady basis... Good thing is your head runs with a variable-displacement motor, which generates less heat than a fixed-displacement one...

I'm happy you like the performances. That 2-1 ratio is reported more often than seldom, although we prefer to stay conservative in our sales pitch and say you'll gain 50% over carbide-hammer machine. Of course, if you end up with customers who wants you to till their lot, you will see faster wear on our blades, and so you might want to do that with your Fecon. But for ground-level and above operations, the cutting knives are hard to beat.

Just curious, about that lean green mulching machine 25xp, how much did they charge you for that? Knowing Vermeer was asking 40k$ for a 65"-wide head only (jezz, that's 10k$ than our 74"!), I'm afraid of the price tag they put on that package. I guess, if they can sell some, maybe we should think about getting our hands on their marketing manager...

By the way, what year and model is your Fecon? Maybe we could start working on retrofit rotor for Fecon machines, just as Quadco did...

Well, anyway, enjoy your new big toy, and keep us posted on how it goes...

Hi Fred,
    Hydraulic temperature has not gone about 172 deg, with the rad completely bolcked, well the screen at least the engine temp never got above 190 deg. The 25 was 417 retail, 397 i think final price, way too much. I tagged one rock yesterday it was under the brush, so I stopped and sharpened the two teeth that got smacked and away I went. I haven't heard from Robbie just on this forum but doin fine, makin money The average so far is $ well I'll tell you in person I don't want to blab on here. I think I need another cutter, for the T320.

P.S I'm getting some carbide teeth from Vermeer for the cutter, apparently GT has some for their head.
    Mulchers 100-600 Hp, Dozers, Excavators, Trucks, and a bunch of other stuff that cost me money every day.

Platinum Member

Where did the T320 come in the picture? I have several customer here in the south using mutiple large skids and are doing major jobs with them. They say they like the cost control of smaller equipment and the mobility.
    Isn't the S205 a high flow machine?
    Now if you really like the skid steer head then will love a DENIS head on a excavator. The control is great and no debri hitting the cab. More H.P. running a shorter head equals mass destruction of trees!!!!
    Robbie Hegwood
    404-379-5897

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Hegwood
    Where did the T320 come in the picture? I have several customer here in the south using mutiple large skids and are doing major jobs with them. They say they like the cost control of smaller equipment and the mobility.
    Isn't the S205 a high flow machine?
    Now if you really like the skid steer head then will love a DENIS head on a excavator. The control is great and no debri hitting the cab. More H.P. running a shorter head equals mass destruction of trees!!!!
    The T320 I ordered it last week, yeah the 205 is a high flow machine but only 27gpm, I got a line on a few excavators and think I'm definitely going that route. I talked with Fecon today about a 148 and they are talking about going to 200 hp, a FTX148 with 200hp and a Denis Cimaf head I can see those trees crying from here But not for a year or so.
    Mulchers 100-600 Hp, Dozers, Excavators, Trucks, and a bunch of other stuff that cost me money every day.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Any, as long as there's a DENIS CIMAF head on it ;)

Hello W.,

I'm wondering if the new carbide blades from Gyro-Trac aren't that kind they put on a rotor they say it's different from the DENIS CIMAF rotor (and hence tell us they don't owe us royalties on it - what a nice partner we have, haven't we?).

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you how they stand. Actually, I'd rather have you try carbides made by a company with a proven track record of making quality parts (King Kong Tools, maybe?). Anyway, please keep me informed on how it goes...

I'm in Ontario for a trade show in Walkerton for Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be back in the office on Friday.

Talk to you later...
    Frederic Denis
    DENIS CIMAF Inc.
    www.deniscimaf.com

Hello W.,

I'm wondering if the new carbide blades from Gyro-Trac aren't that kind they put on a rotor they say it's different from the DENIS CIMAF rotor (and hence tell us they don't owe us royalties on it - what a nice partner we have, haven't we?).

Anyway, I'd like to hear from you how they stand. Actually, I'd rather have you try carbides made by a company with a proven track record of making quality parts (King Kong Tools, maybe?). Anyway, please keep me informed on how it goes...

I'm in Ontario for a trade show in Walkerton for Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be back in the office on Friday.

Talk to you later...
    Hey Fred, I hear they may be made by king kong tools. When I get them you'll get them. If you got a set from King kong I'd love to try them

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Any, as long as there's a DENIS CIMAF head on it ;)

I'll call King Kong Tools to find if they make the blades for Gyro-Trac, or if they make them themselves for their own benefit, thus infringing on our patent... Ah well, I guess it's business as usual...
    Frederic Denis
    DENIS CIMAF Inc.
    www.deniscimaf.com

I'll call King Kong Tools to find if they make the blades for Gyro-Trac, or if they make them themselves for their own benefit, thus infringing on our patent... Ah well, I guess it's business as usual...
    They do make them for the gyro trac cutter, I'll talk to you on Monday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast