Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head

/ Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head #1  

WestshoreConstruction

Gold Member
I got a Bobcat S330 w/ VTS Tracks and Bobcats forestry app kit w/ Bobcats(Fecon) mulcher. I needed a little more production so I ordered a DAF180D front mount mulcher. Thanks Frederic and Lawrence, Lets hope it preforms like advertised. I believe it will.

P.S you'll notice I said my first one, I got a Bobcat T320 and a Hyundai 210LC in my sights :D

/ Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head
Yeah they look good, I demo'd a Gyro Trac GT25XP and I was very impressed with the mulch and the production, they use Denis Cimaf's technology. Mind you it did have 260hp but on a smaller scale I'm very confident and if it doesn't work as expected I can return it, talk about customer service. :) They even send a guy out to set up the head for your particular machine to get the best results :D :D

Terra Firma Scott said:
You get that CIMAF yet??? Just curious.....

Not yet its sitting at the depot in Winnpeg. It will be here Monday, hopefully someone will be here early in the week to set up he head. Motor stroke etc. I hear Robbie might be coming to the great white north again. :) Is this true Robbie ?

/ Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head #6  
Not sure yet. What city exactly do you live in? How far to Winnpeg? If I do come up we'll have fun. The 180D on a big skid steer is a monster!!!!

Hey Robbie, town is Gimli. About 45-50 minutes north of Winnipeg. Yeah I can't wait for the cutter. I got tons of work for both of my mulchers so it'll be a welcome sight. I just need a good operator and then I can get more equipment. :)

/ Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head #8  
Hello W.

Thanks for going with our head. I hope the startup went well. Can't wait to get the pictures of the 180D on your T330... :D

Talk to you soon,

Thanks Fred, the cutter works great. Gilles and myself went to test yesterday. We cleared a lot approx .8 acre's. Normally with my Fecon head it would take 2.9-3.2 hrs depending on the size etc. It took 1.5 hrs to clear the lot. Thats a little bit of a difference huh ?? I cleared more large trees than I normally would and the lot was covered with birch, normally I leave the birch. After Gilles left I went and cleared another property last night, approx .5 miles x 16' it took .5 hrs. Great. I had to sharpen the teeth after each job but it only takes me 20 minutes. So far better than expected!!! Thanks allot, I'm well on my way to paying for the next two cutters. On another note we were amazed at the hydraulic power of the S330, we were getting 37.2 gpm at the cutter head so it equals to almost 40-42 at the pump. Not bad for a skid that advertises 37 gpm huh. That was at 3200 psi I believe as well. The new T320 is gonna kick butt. On another note I demo'd another companies Lean Green Mulching machine :) you know who's a 260hp beast. I was very impressed over my old setup. Well not so much anymore I feel my two Bobcats will out work the one 25xp (oops I said the model) If you know of anyone looking for a Bobcat (Fecon built) mulcher let me know. I need another 180D :D :D :D Cheers I'm gonna make my way East and come visit some time.

/ Ordered my first Denis Cimaf Head #10  
Please make sure you clean your rad often. I'm sure Gilles and Robbie told you that already. And just to be safe, I'd like to see the temperature in the motor compartment monitored for a few days. Sometimes, the hydraulic systems are able to push a lot of hydraulic horsepower as advertised, but the cooler can't keep up if doing so on a steady basis... Good thing is your head runs with a variable-displacement motor, which generates less heat than a fixed-displacement one...

I'm happy you like the performances. That 2-1 ratio is reported more often than seldom, although we prefer to stay conservative in our sales pitch and say you'll gain 50% over carbide-hammer machine. Of course, if you end up with customers who wants you to till their lot, you will see faster wear on our blades, and so you might want to do that with your Fecon. But for ground-level and above operations, the cutting knives are hard to beat.

Just curious, about that lean green mulching machine 25xp, how much did they charge you for that? Knowing Vermeer was asking 40k$ for a 65"-wide head only (jezz, that's 10k$ than our 74"!), I'm afraid of the price tag they put on that package. I guess, if they can sell some, maybe we should think about getting our hands on their marketing manager...

By the way, what year and model is your Fecon? Maybe we could start working on retrofit rotor for Fecon machines, just as Quadco did... :D

Well, anyway, enjoy your new big toy, and keep us posted on how it goes...
:)