Deere 332 for brush clearing

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #1  

AX MAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7010 4wd
Does anyone use a John Deere 332 with a mulching head ? I am concidering a trade. This machine does not seem to be tested for mulching. They are in the process of adding protective gaurds and other saftey features for this kind of work. It has a Fecon head w/ a pressure gauge, cooler and John Deere name on it. I gave them Robbie's number and ask them to arrange a demo. What ya think? Will they hold up?

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #2  
There was a guy up here in WI that was running one with a mulching head doing ROWs. I think he called his head a magnum. I know he had big time cooling issues. The mulching head company even put an extra cooler out on the mulching head but it still had problems. I haven't talked to him for awhile but I think he and his brother bought 2 PT100 Forestry machines. I figure that I'll see him right after school gets out this summer if he's up by my hunting shack.

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #3  
I need to rent a mulcher down here in Texas.

I need to clear a bunch of cedar trees.

Any suggestions?

D.

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #4  
You will probably have a hard time finding one to rent. Most places don't, so IF you find one you will have to take what you can get. If you haven't run one before the learning curve is very high. I would look into hiring someone who has expertise in such work.

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #6  
You will probably have a hard time finding one to rent. Most places don't, so IF you find one you will have to take what you can get. If you haven't run one before the learning curve is very high. I would look into hiring someone who has expertise in such work.

I am looking at all my options. If the numbers work - I will just have it done.

Thanks,
D.

/ Deere 332 for brush clearing #7  
Deere's have to have aux. cooling fans for the hydraulic system to run a mulch head...much better dirt machine than forestry machine.