New 148 Pics and a Video Link.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #1  

cbturf

Gold Member
Tractor
Fecon FTX-140, Fecon FTX 148-L
I want to start out by giving credit and thanks to my customers that I have met here on the forums. I have met the greatest people and everyone seems to really like the work that I have been able to do for them. In the past two weeks I have worked for OKNewguy, and Ddivinia. Last year I worked for Jmer, ScottOkla and Shivasirons (twice!)

Most recently Ddivinia had me clear cedars just sout of Dallas, TX and he also helped out with about a million pictures and tons of video. All of the pictures and the video he made for me.

YouTube - Environmental Land Clearing

The last two pictures were taken from the exact same spot! You can tell by the two marked trees on either side of the original picture.

Attachments

• DSC_0249.jpg
    DSC_0249.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 475
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 456
  • DSC_0270.jpg
    DSC_0270.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC_0030-2.jpg
    DSC_0030-2.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 367
   / New 148 Pics and a Video Link.
This is the easy way to answer your question.

Had to edit the specs won't load.

140 HP.
19,500 lbs
60gpm @6000 psi

Last edited:
The cedar trees were HUGE! The trunk and branches were not that big just a ton of them. I found that if I let the drum slow down to much they would wrap around the drum and it felt like I had no power. You can see in the video that I had to cut my way in to the trunk so that the limbs would not wrap up or beat the front glass. I left all of the elm and real big hackberries for the longhorns. I really like this new machine!

Attachments

• DSC_0011-2.jpg
    DSC_0011-2.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0010-2.jpg
    DSC_0010-2.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0015-2.jpg
    DSC_0015-2.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0266.jpg
    DSC_0266.jpg
    890.4 KB · Views: 208
The boss REALLY loves his longhorns. A pic of the big cedar trees.

Attachments

• darin.jpg
    darin.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 256
  • giant cedar.jpg
    giant cedar.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 304
I tow it behind my 08 F-350 on a 10 ton goose. The first pic in the video is the day I picked it up at the Fecon factory.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #8  
Nice work.

I have to ask a stupid question though. Why does everyone in TX want to keep cutting down all the trees? I know there are a lot of reasons but it just seems like a lot of TX is turning into desert especially without the water it needs. We had to cut down a lot of wood land up here but I am a firm believer in replace what one takes{renewable source}. I also believe the wood lands help keep the area cooler and cleaner. For the good folks of TX please don't take my question as being negative, I'm just trying to understand.

I am not taking your question the wrong way so please do not take my answer the wrong way. History did not start the day we were born. Over the years a lot of people thought that as many trees as possible was a good thing and now there are so many trees that the ecosystem is way out of balance. There is not enough nutrients and water to support the invasive species. Non-native and invasive species are able to out-compete the native plants. If you look back at pictures from 100 years ago you do not see even a small fraction of the woody vegitation that you have today. The reason that the wildfires burn the way they do these days is because of the "save the trees" mentality. The goal of services like mine is to return the land back to a fire adapted ecosystem. The problem has gotten so bad that millions of acres per year burn out of control and the resources just go up in smoke. If the forests had been managed in an intellegent and thoughtful manor instead of an emotional anti-logging manor we would have more and healthier forests today rather than millions of scorched acres that will take 100 years to recover.

/ New 148 Pics and a Video Link. #10  
The eastern red cedars in the video are a blight to the native grasses and trees across
the south, OK, TX, and parts of AR especially so.
They soak up valueable rain and take over grassland.
They are a foe to the cattleman, farmer and natural order itself.