Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher?

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher?
Hey Pac. Whatever works for you. I'm on E.T. time.

I will give you a call in the morning Robbie.

I just had a call from a dealer that we had purchased an ASV RC50 from several years ago. He has a 2007 ASV RC100 with a Magnum mulcher on it. The machine also comes with a fourway bucket. It doesn't have the forestry kit, the machine has 320 hours on it, and only about 20 on the head. He mentioned that they have sold some units that folks are putting the reverse flow fan on to help keep the radiators cleaned out. I've read quite a bit about overheating problems with the RC100.

What would a fair price for something like that be?

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #13  
He has to give you $50,000 and the ASV!!!

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #14  
that setup is worth about 40-45k...would be a VERY good idea to have a real forestry door installed though!

another good feature of our heads is that with the blades cutting the material so fine there is alot less of a safety issue because you aren't throwing huge chunks of wood back at the machine or out at other people or objects on the job site!

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #15  
We currently run the 299C with the Fecon and having pretty good luck except for rolling the tracks off twice. We had a 287B previously that had many problems. Cat stuck behind it pretty well by giving an extra year warranty at no cost. We also run a ASV-100 with a Fecon but spend more on the ASV in repairs than we can make mulching. We tried the JD332 with the Fecon but had many problems with it the main one being overheating.

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #16  
Pac - take a look at the new excavators attachments and tooling options from FAE. I just purchased a UML SSL 150 with a variable speed motor with the carbid viper teeth... havent seen anything out there in this size that can out cut it..

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #17  
does anyone no were to get magnum mulcher head belt that doesnt cost 700.00 dollars it doesnt look like a special belt and the dealer wonts 719.00

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #18  
When a belt is new, it often has the part number from the original manufacturer. Googling this OEM part number usually yields alternate sources for the same belt. I have saved 50% on special belts when the same belt is used by multiple manufacturer's.

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #19  
Hey Southernmulcher, when you want to see a real head cut let me know. I have, can, and will outcut a FAE (even with VIPERS) any day. Do it with Caterpillar all the time.

/ Cat 287C with HM312 Mulcher? #20  
We currently run the 299C with the Fecon and having pretty good luck except for rolling the tracks off twice. We had a 287B previously that had many problems. Cat stuck behind it pretty well by giving an extra year warranty at no cost. We also run a ASV-100 with a Fecon but spend more on the ASV in repairs than we can make mulching. We tried the JD332 with the Fecon but had many problems with it the main one being overheating.

You can run the twin flange front idlers on the rear which helps keep the tracks on .

I sat in one the other day , $130,000 asking price , twice what you guys pay for one . The biggest deterrent is that the tracks are much wider than the mulcher head , so doing along fences is hard as a 2' strip of scrub is left along the fence line .

The other thing I did not like is that the torsion axles are just flange bolted to the side of the machine , I'd give it two years before they break off .